NEED HELP FAST!

Hi,

I recently started a candle business that uses Artminds Paraffin Candle Wax. I've tried using other waxes, but nothing seems to be as good. Artminds is sold at Michael's, but the costs are getting way to high. 

Does anyone know what substitute wax I can use? Or a similar company that uses a similar blend? I'd like a creamy white cut into blocks wax-- and it must be paraffin as it needs to be very firm.

Thanks!!

I bought some slabs of Michaels paraffin with coupons back when I first started making pillar candles.  To me it is just a straight slab paraffin, most likely the 140* melt point range.  It makes a nice translucent pillar and blends well.  It holds the basic 3% fragrance  To me its like the IGI-1343, basic paraffin slabs. I know Peaks carrys it, Candlewic also carries a straight up 140* melt point slab paraffin at a good case price.  The prices Michaels had was silly, my local one stopped carrying candle supplies like that a long time ago. 

Any wax you buy at Michael's is going to be way overpriced and typically of poor quality. If you are serious about your candle business I would follow 8-gran-ones advice and do some research on wax. Also, start buying your wax and candlemaking products from a reputable candle supply vendor so you know you are buying quality products in affordable bulk quantities. There is a state supplier list sticky at the top of this forum that will help you out.

Spending your hard earned money on overpriced or poor quality wax will run you out of business before you even get started. It's a hard lesson to learn but I think we have all been there at one time or another.

A couple of good places to start; Peaks, Candle Science, Nature's Garden, etc. These are just a few of the good quality candle supply vendors on the state supplier list. Also, try looking for suppliers in your state or closest to your state. Shipping is another aspect of your business expense so you want to choose wisely.

• Like 2

I can't speak to the quality of hobby store candle wax, but I can speak to the prices. Wow are they high if you're looking for profit in a business. 

I googled ArtMinds candle wax and Google popped a first

result of IGI1343. ChefMom, you're better than Google!

funny, though, on the Michaels page the directions say you can heat up to 300 degrees and add fragrance. Seems a bit high! Holeeee smoke point Batman.

• Like 3

Do you mind if I ask what type of candles you are making?  Containers, Pillars, Votives?   How long have you been running the business using the wax from Michael's?

Your post heading sounds urgent....like you are mid order and need a quick wax replacement.

• Like 1