melts

NrthTxWind

Agree with the others. My customers would not understand that this scent was a certain price and this one another. I took my oils, got an average price, fully burdened that with shipping cost (I need to do this again since shipping costs have dramatically risen recently) and then calculated from there how much oil cost is per pound and ounce to get to my price. Of course I did the same with wax, packaging and such. 

• Like 1

I did exactly as jajc did and I also have to redo since shipping went up

i used to charge more for some candles I made signature scents with very expensive oils from SC- hotel costes being one of them and people didn't care they bought and understood but it got to complicated for my office staff to remember which ones were more so I switched them to all the same price and it balances out as I sell way more candles made of the cheaper oils than those ones - they are so unique and different and most people around here want single note - lilac or lavender etc....

• Like 1

On 3/20/2016 at 9:39 PM, NrthTxWind said:

For those that sell by the pound or ounce, do you change your prices if you use a higher priced scent

? Or take the highest price and sell all melts at that price?

I do not change the prices either...too much of a pain in the butt for me!  :biggrin:  It sure makes it easier on me to keep the prices all the same and it lets me keep my sanity. :)

• Like 1