an oldie

Hello everyone, its been a long time. I'm retired now ,with a lot of time on my hands. A few people have ask if I'm going back into making candles now. Kicking it around. so, if I'm counting right, I`ve been here off and on for about 14-15 years. Back when it Peaks had it. Looks like  I`ll be starting with new wax, since the co. I used to buy for has gone under. I still have votive cups, pins, wicks (don't know if they are any good), jars and a huge wax melting machine out in my shop. Anywoo,( I think ), I`m glad to be back....there are still some names here I recognized. Hello all!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive got all the votive holders and pins. A lot of jars and a wax melter that melts 60 lbs of wax at a time. wicks out the waszoo,dont know if they are still good. I had a slab of wax Brad at Clasrus sent me several years ago ( he said was still good), melted down, and tested in jars. Basically just a starting point. trying to find my old wax and not having any luck so far. Prices are unbelievable for waxes. I found a old receipt for paraffin wax. $48.00 for 60 lbs. :o

Welcome back!

Not sure about paraffin but soy wax has gone up 4x the cost I was paying when I started and shipping about the same 4-5x what it was back in the day.

Maybe if you post what your old wax is, someone will know where to get it at a better price.