Hello!

Just2BHappy

Hello all! I found this forum while I was googling how to make wax melts. I am grateful that I did! I have been reading for several hours here every day for the past few weeks, and have learned so much from all of you who share here.

Now, you should know, I have never made a candle in my life (or wax melts, or soap, or anything else scented)! I became interested in making wax melts after discovering indie sellers online. I have purchased from two of them so far, and it's been fun! The variety and quality are so much better than the Yank** stuff I've been buying for the last 15 years! Once I knew it was possible to do, I became interested in making my own melts. There are several memory-inducing scents that I have been searching for, without success; the idea that I could possibly blend a scent myself intrigues and excites me! I'm one to research a LOT before investing time and money into something, so I appreciate so much all of the info on this site.

I don't like to share too much personal info online, but I will say that I am a SoCal native, female, and old enough that the music from my high school years is now considered "oldies" (sigh). I love the ocean, the mountains, and Downton Abbey!

Thanks again to all!

Hi there!  I'm in SoCal, too (military transplant- previously from Tennessee).  These boards are an awesome way to talk to people who share your interests and learn some great tips and techniques :)  Welcome and good luck on your candle endeavors!

• Like 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of candle making! So Cal girl as well, now in the Central Coast.   Smart of you to do your research, I jumped in and bought a kit and then realized it was more of a science than I originally thought.    I started thinking family & friends and now sell in stores as well.  I found it's my personal ZEN time when I make candles & melts, or any craft project as I think of nothing else except what to create next.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vicky_CO said:

Welcome to the board we are glad to have you.

Thank you Vicky_CO! I'm glad to be here!

10 hours ago, ehatch1 said:

Hi there!  I'm in SoCal, too (military transplant- previously from Tennessee).  These boards are an awesome way to talk to people who share your interests and learn some great tips and techniques :)  Welcome and good luck on your candle endeavors!

Thanks ehatch! I've already learned so much, and I haven't even ordered any wax yet. And maybe this isn't the right place to say this, but I always try to let military folks and their families know how much I appreciate all that you do. I have so much respect for those who dedicate themselves to protecting our country and our freedoms. Thank you!!!

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

SoCal born and raised. Now I am a misplaced Cali girl on the east coast! Welcome to Craft Server! Glad you found us. Just beware that making your own candles, melts, etc is very addictive..... but also lots of fun!

Hi Candybee! Once a Cali girl, always a Cali girl!

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of candle making! So Cal girl as well, now in the Central Coast.   Smart of you to do your research, I jumped in and bought a kit and then realized it was more of a science than I originally thought.    I started thinking family & friends and now sell in stores as well.  I found it's my personal ZEN time when I make candles & melts, or any craft project as I think of nothing else except what to create next.

Thanks for the welcome, kandlekrazy! Yay, someone else from SoCal! I love the Central Coast, it's so beautiful!

It's so nice to "meet" all of you. Thanks for the warm welcome!