Prim fixins and potpourri

candyb

I make and sell prim fixins and potpourri. I like to add a new scent or two every season but am kind of stuck this year for summer and year round scents. Anyone have  any super strong cold throw scents they would like to share?

My 3 best sellers are:

Cinnamon Bun - Lebermuth

Caramel Cinnamon Latte - Just Scents

Pumpkin Crunch Cake - Natures Garden

One scent I was considering was Pink Sands Type but haven't taken the time to send for samples  Not sure if this is too much of a bath and body scent. Any ideas or discussion will be appreciated.

2015-05-02 04.43.25.jpg

2015-09-11 08.41.39.jpg

2015-09-11 08.42.18.jpg

• Like 3

I think a cranberry orange would be good for year round and also something with vanilla.

Summer I can think of a lot of scents but its hard to think of some in potpouri. Summer I tend to think of fruits like watermelon, berry patch berries and strawberries, and tropical fruits and drink blends, plus beachy breeze scents, and soft driftwood.

Maybe something with coconut for summer. Coconut blends well with fruits and citrus and lots of bakery type scents.

• Like 2

Hi CandyB!

I love the pictures of your potpourri! You have some beautiful blends there! I can smell them through the screen....I'm smelling with my eyes!  :) Creating potpourri is just a delight isn't it? You take all of these items beautiful by themselves...but throw them together with an awesome scent and you have a symphony of beautiful color, interest and scent.  I love Pink Sands and Fragrance Buddy has an awesome one! I think that Candle Science's MacIntosh Apple and/or Peach would be awesome Spring /Summer scents. Also I think a coconut or mango type scent would be awesome for Summer.  Wholesale Supplies Plus has 2 awesome scents...Caribbean Coconut and Mango Sorbet. I agree with Candybee for the year round vanilla and cranberry orange and with Candlesandcats with the blueberry. :) Oh so many choices!

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses. I have been thinking about something with coconut, maybe pineapple and or mango.

puma52 I love making potpourri and I won't sell it if it isn't wonderful smelling. So many people think of potpourri as dried chunks of wood and old flowers but I just love to sit in my workshop and combine beautiful pods and fruit together with just the perfect scent. I'm like a mad scientist!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, candyb said:

Thanks for the responses. I have been thinking about something with coconut, maybe pineapple and or mango.

puma52 I love making potpourri and I won't sell it if it isn't wonderful smelling. So many people think of potpourri as dried chunks of wood and old flowers but I just love to sit in my workshop and combine beautiful pods and fruit together with just the perfect scent. I'm like a mad scientist!

Well your mad scientist side is doing an excellent job in creating your blends! :) The people who think that potpourri is just old chunks of wood and old flowers do not realize that the ingredients for these wonderful blends come from all over the world and that makes potpourri such an awesome and unique scented item to have in the home. No one can go outside their home no matter where they live and create these gorgeous blends. Educating the masses....that is what has to be done.  :)

• Like 1

I have not sold online, we sell prims and antiques at a shop in Newark, Ohio called Hope Timber. There are 3 vintage barns on the property and we sell in one of the barns. You can see more info about us on Facebook. Our business is called  "The Turnip Patch." www.facebook.com/turnippatchprims 

I love coming on this forum and getting scent ideas.

Edited by candyb
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Candybee said:

I love, love, love your Wynter Nest potpourri.

Has Trappeur seen this thread yet? I think she would love it! She might also have some good scent ideas!

Yep, you've got my number Candy B....lol   I love what she makes!  I could smell it right now.

Trappeur

• Like 3

Love your creations candyb.  I'm not asking for your receipe but is the wynter nest composed of blends of pine, etc for the woodsy scent?  Your presentation is great.  I love all the vintage porcelain you use alsol  How much do you sell the potpourri a pound for?  Do you offer the refresher oil for them too?

Trappeur

• Like 1

I sell the potpourri in 1/2 and 1 pound kraft tin tie bags for $9 a pound. And yes I sell the refresher oils. We sell antiques and I keep my display prim so I love using old canners, roasters, wood boxes and bins for my bulk potpourri and prim fixins.

I have my Facebook page but it is just informational and sharing neat ideas. I had hoped to work on setting up an online store this winter but got pneumonia in October and have had recurring sinus infections ever since  and now I need to get my mojo going! Spring will be here soon.