NOW SKIN SAFE - CS Caribbean Teakwood!! :)

puma52

Has anyone here bought the new fragrance? Made soap or some other body type product yet? After writing to CS to practically BEG THEM to make this scent in a skin safe fragrance at least 2 years ago, it has happened! I was working on my scent list today and was checking on a fragrance there and I seen it. It shocked me so much, that I exited out and went back in just to MAKE sure.  I am so excited as I adore that fragrance ! I am not going to know what to make first in the Candle Cave this Spring!! Wow!! :) I am just SO HAPPY!!!

On 2/8/2016 at 8:29 PM, jackbenimble said:

I wish Caribbean teakwood worked fine me. But not in my soy. I know some have had luck but not me. So sad. 

Oh I wished it worked good for ya too Jackbenimble! Do you still make soap? There's your perfect excuse to get some of this good stuff ordered. :)

21 hours ago, OldGlory said:

I made a big pillar with Carib. Teakw. last year, 3% in 1343, and man that FO is strong!

Puma, does it smell like the original version?

Hi OldGlory,

The scent smells just like the other...just love it. :) I can't wait until my Candle Cave warms up so I can make some goodies! I think I am going to blend a coconut scent with it and make some salt bars.

On February 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM, puma52 said:

Oh I wished it worked good for ya too Jackbenimble! Do you still make soap? There's your perfect excuse to get some of this good stuff ordered. :)

Unfortunately I only make candles now. I have actually got a great Tobacco scent finally so all is good. 

• Like 1

Oh..how do I describe this scent Trappeur? In other posts you will see that lots of folks love this scent. Let me tell you, this scent would go excellent into anything you would want to make. The description on CS website calls it a masculine scent....well this ole chick is going to bathe in it too! :) It is a beautiful, rich , sexy, earthy, clean scent but the one thing that stands out to me that I just love is the pepper note...I can't describe it.... but I just love that peppery note combined with all the other scents and I think that it pairs up perfectly with Summer and beach scents. I do believe that for my Soap of the Month I am going to make a salt bar using Caribbean Teakwood and blending it with my favorite coconut scent. This scent would blend with lots of other scents too and I am going to try several of them out this Spring. But really when you place your next order @ CS give this a try...you will love it. :)

Edited by puma52

This is a tough one to describe 

its so complex and earthy yet fresh and totally reminds me of what I imagine teakwood washed up on a beach would smell like....I also love the pepper in it and I pick up on the tobacco and Black tea as well

I cannot wick it for nothing in my wax but I plan to add it to my parasoy when I get that far....love this scent!

• Like 1

Well, Puma and Moonshine, you've got me sold on this....geesh, my Candle Science order just came in yesterday....dang!

Well, I'm going to get some of their bronze new jars and will get a little bottle of it.  But you can't wick it Moonshine?  What is it a heavy scent?  Talking about wicking a heavy scent, I have this one great one called Crackling Firewood from Wholesale Supplies and have never been able to wick this ever...Am wicking a 12oz status jar of which I generally wick in a cd 14.....Now with this scent I've used cd 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 and can't even get the wicks going in this wax..they are wimpy dimpy flames...now I went and also did double wicking  with  2 cd5, 2 cd6, 7, 8, and 10 and they still are teeney wimpy flames and hardly can get the candle going....I'm thinking maybe something wrong with these wicks....

Sorry, didn't mean to sabotage this thread...

Trappeur

• Like 1

I have had zero luck wicking the ct....I use 415 and normally use a CD10- CDN12 or a CD12 and I went up to a 16 and an 18 which is crazy for my little jar and still wouldn't burn- I never went higher and just make melts with it for now until I get around to trying it in parasoy.....now I bought this scent from another local selling soy- huge jar and I am pretty sure it was 415 or 464 but that candle mushroomed and smoked like no other soy I have seen....it was horrible and the scent throw was not there- it must be very heavy and along with that one the others from CS I cannot wick are angel- lemon verbena- beach linen and cinnamon buns....go figure 

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well, Puma and Moonshine, you've got me sold on this....geesh, my Candle Science order just came in yesterday....dang!

Well, I'm going to get some of their bronze new jars and will get a little bottle of it.  But you can't wick it Moonshine?  What is it a heavy scent?  Talking about wicking a heavy scent, I have this one great one called Crackling Firewood from Wholesale Supplies and have never been able to wick this ever...Am wicking a 12oz status jar of which I generally wick in a cd 14.....Now with this scent I've used cd 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 and can't even get the wicks going in this wax..they are wimpy dimpy flames...now I went and also did double wicking  with  2 cd5, 2 cd6, 7, 8, and 10 and they still are teeney wimpy flames and hardly can get the candle going....I'm thinking maybe something wrong with these wicks....

Sorry, didn't mean to sabotage this thread...

Trappeur

You will not be sorry...let me tell ya! You would have to pick me up off the floor if you said you did not like it. :)  Great questions on comparisons and wicks....ask away...it's allllll good! :) Hey and tell us what you think about those jars! They look adorable! I sat there quite a while looking at them myself. Would love your opinion. :)

Edited by puma52

On 2/12/2016 at 0:16 PM, moonshine said:

I have had zero luck wicking the ct....I use 415 and normally use a CD10- CDN12 or a CD12 and I went up to a 16 and an 18 which is crazy for my little jar and still wouldn't burn- I never went higher and just make melts with it for now until I get around to trying it in parasoy.....now I bought this scent from another local selling soy- huge jar and I am pretty sure it was 415 or 464 but that candle mushroomed and smoked like no other soy I have seen....it was horrible and the scent throw was not there- it must be very heavy and along with that one the others from CS I cannot wick are angel- lemon verbena- beach linen and cinnamon buns....go figure 

Well shoot, I hate to hear that you had  trouble wicking! Doggone it!  If you make Bath & Body...you can now take it in another direction though. :)