Poll For Soap of the Month

Vicky_CO

Soap of the Month  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a soap of the month?

• YES would love to see that
    • NO not interested
  2. 2. Would you be willing to volunteer to do a month?

• Yes I would love to volunteer
    • No I just can not

I  am just seeing if there is an interest in something like this. I am thinking you either pick a recipe or create your own and doing a small write up on your process and picture of the finished soap. Each month would have a theme.

This can only happen if volunteers step up. This is too much for one person to do alone.

Your comments and ideas are welcome.

• Like 1

Omg Puma,  I cringe every time when I see the ingrediants that go into everyones soaps.  The truth of the matter is I haven't the foggiest clue what any of those ingrediants are except lye and the corn oil or the sunflower oil or the oils that people use.  I've never heard of any of those ingrediants....lol.  My speed would be melt and pour.  lol  Thats why you never see me post over in the soap area as I don't know what anyone is even talking about.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

18 hours ago, puma52 said:

Ok , so I do not make as many pretty soaps as all the rest of ya...but hey...we are all in this together right? :) I am also hoping to learn a lot too.  :) 

You got that right Puma... We're all in this for the long haul and togetherness.  ;)

Trappeur

• Like 1

The idea is to share a monthly recipe and a little bit about the process you use to make it. A picture of the finished soap or any pics of the process including videos would be acceptable and a bonus! This can be a soap you have already made. You don't have to feel obligated to make it for that month unless you want to do it that way. It can be one you have made before or you make all the time.

For example if you have a favorite milk soap you make or a silky sudsy soap recipe you like and want to share this would be the place.

I really hope that simplifies what this is about. The idea I had was to share recipes and techniques. Eventually we would have a nice collection of recipes to peruse. That would be so enriching to have these and that could help others out looking for a new recipe or one they liked reading about.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Omg Puma,  I cringe every time when I see the ingrediants that go into everyones soaps.  The truth of the matter is I haven't the foggiest clue what any of those ingrediants are except lye and the corn oil or the sunflower oil or the oils that people use.  I've never heard of any of those ingrediants....lol.  My speed would be melt and pour.  lol  Thats why you never see me post over in the soap area as I don't know what anyone is even talking about.

Trappeur

Let me tell ya Trappeur and Vicky....I did not make soap for years and years while everyone else was. Well , I went on You Tube and after I watched tons and tons of other people making both cold and hot process, I decided to give it a try. It is now going on I think 4 years..it is either 3 or 4 now and the only bar soap I now use are the ones I have made. The soaps you can make will be nothing like you have ever bought..so creamy, moisturizing and heavenly smelling..you will love making and using them. :) Let me tell you...get the book The Everything Soapmaking book by Alicia Grosso. It is great and helps you to understand the process and there are great recipes in there also...and if I can tell ya one thing....do NOT be afraid of the lye. Be extremely careful , but don't let it scare you one bit. :)