Beeswax for lipbalms. Where to buy?

Clear Black

Like the title says. Where is the best place I can find beeswax for making lipbalm? Id prefer it in Pastilles to minimize having to shred my own every batch. Ive checked a few of my regular suppliers and they do sell them, but am weary of making the purchase based upon the reviews. 

For instance. I buy most of my candle supplies thru Candle Science, but the reviews on their beeswax Pastilles has me wondering. Especially about the "chemical" odor most reviewers claim.

https://www.candlescience.com/wax/yellow-beeswax

Also, Candles and Supplies sells some as well, but at $4.50/lb MORE than CS and without any reviews to base a decision on.

http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Yellow-Beeswax_2?sc=7&category=749

So any thoughts or suggestions on where to get some beeswax for lip balm use? Currently, I only plan on using the lip balm for personal use, but someday hope to maybe sell.

TIA

Guest OldGlory

With beeswax, you want the freshest wax you can find. To me, that means finding a site that sells a lot of it and other lipbalm supplies. It's been years since I purchased beeswax, but when it comes to bath and body stuff, I usually go to WholesaleSuppliesPlus.com because of their selection. They have some lotion bases that are really nice too.

I buy my cosmetic waxes including beeswax from Camden-Grey. They carry both the white and yellow pastilles.  For my lip balms I use a combo wax of both beeswax and candellila waxes. http://www.camdengrey.com/essential-oils/Waxes/

With beeswax, you want the freshest wax you can find. To me, that means finding a site that sells a lot of it and other lipbalm supplies. It's been years since I purchased beeswax, but when it comes to bath and body stuff, I usually go to WholesaleSuppliesPlus.com because of their selection. They have some lotion bases that are really nice too.

Thanks for both the suggestions. I think I may have found some at Bulk Apothecary. Reviews seem good, and they also stock a huge selection of B&B supplies.

http://www.bulkapothecary.com/categories/raw-ingredients/

I usually buy my beeswax from soapers choice with Strahl & Pitsch as a backup for bulk.

Yellow beeswax always varies from lot to lot. Color will range from light yellow to dark tumeric mustard yellow. The scent varies too from honey to smokey depending on the source and from where inside the hive. The most consistent will always be the refined white. All work about the same in my lip balms, though The white is a little softer with a slightly lower melt point.

Long ago i would buy small quantities from Aromahaven where i found the best prices on tubes and some of the best flavors anywhere.

Beeswax never expires or "goes bad" , so no worries if you have some on hand from long ago.

Long ago i would buy small quantities from Aromahaven where i found the best prices on tubes and some of the best flavors anywhere.

As of now I buy the oval tubes from Rustic Essentials. I can get them starting at $.22 per tube if I order over 100. I googled Aromahaven but didnt come up with anything. Do you, or anyone else, know where I can get these Oval lip balm tubes w/caps for under $.22? Well, if I want to buy 100k tubes I can get them for $.15 each lol, but dont have that kinda buying power. 

As of now I buy the oval tubes from Rustic Essentials. I can get them starting at $.22 per tube if I order over 100. I googled Aromahaven but didnt come up with anything. Do you, or anyone else, know where I can get these Oval lip balm tubes w/caps for under $.22? Well, if I want to buy 100k tubes I can get them for $.15 each lol, but dont have that kinda buying power.

Aromahaven and RusticEscentuals are the same company. Along with another name, like lipbalmtubes.com or something like that.