Blending 464 soy with 4625

I'm not sure about container candles (I've only made a few) but I think 4625 might be too hard. Why would you want to mix them for your container candles? I would think it would be better to mix 464 with 4630 or 4633 to get a para/soy container mix or just use 6006 and add more soy to it if you prefer using mostly soy.

Mixing the two will make a good melt though. I use 4625 alone and mixed with a container wax for those but only use container wax when I make candles.

But someone else with way more experience will have better advice to give you. 

I hope I haven't been more confusing to you!

HTH

The problem will be melt point. The 4625 has a 145* melt point which isn't good for melts. Most soy is around 125. Melts should not have a melt point over about 128*...so, If you use it, I wouldn't use much and honestly I wouldn't really recommend it.

I have heard multiple suggestions pertaining to the melts. I have heard mixing 4625 with 464 is a good combination for melts but now I am hearing that it is not ugh lol. Has anyone tried using that combination for melts?

I would try a line blend to see if you like it.

How: melt enough 464 and separately 4625 to make several melts

Make the first melt 95%464 5%4625 (for instance)

For the next melt decrease 464/increase 4625 a % or two.

Repeat decreasing 464 / increasing 4625 by the next proportional % until you have enough blends to satisfy your curiosity.

Let them all cool, cure, etc. then melt and take good pics and notes :)

I usually use 50/50 4625 and 4630 for my clamshells and cups. For shaped melts, I like them to be a lot firmer so I either use straight 4625 or mix a little 4630 in with it but not a whole lot. I've never had any problems with them not melting. There's one vendor that has a booming business and if I'm not mistaken her melts are straight 4625, or at least that's what they appear to be. The only time I have a problem getting them to melt completely is when they're in a square dish. They get hung up on the sides. That doesn't mean that's what will work for you though. Some like their wax softer. 

• Like 2

I use a blend of 70% 4625 and 30% 4627  for my melts.  I have no problem with them melting, but I use a tea light melter, not a bulb warmer.

edited to add....totally missed where you wanted to use 4625 for containers by mixing.  not done that with it....sorry.

Edited by debratant