Hello from the Newbie in Florida!

sun&moon

Figured I'd introduce myself lol. I'll answer some genera questions but also give a little more info about me!(:

What's your name? My names Dakota lol.

How old are you? I'm a "baby" according to most people. In my early 20's

Where do you live? Florida panhandle/ lower Alabama (a joke)

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? About 9 months

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I seriously needed a hobby that wasn't sewing, drawing, or stitching lol

Are you married? Any kids? Married and have the cutest son lol

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I'm a stay at home mom lol

Anything else we should know?

I have chronic pain. I've dealt with it for years along with other health issues. My husband used to work offshore and when he was gone I would get very bored so I decided I needed a hobby to pass the time lol. Candles seemed prefect because I loved them already and wanted to make my own. Now, I'm in the process of turning this into my business and enjoying every moment of it! Making candles is like therapy to me and has helped me overcome some obstacles in my life! I'm so thankful to find this and can't wait to see what else I'll learn!

Welcome Dakota! I love your name and am jealous of your youth. Wish I would have started a candle biz in my 20's!!

Anyway, I am so happy to hear that candlemaking helps you like therapy. I never suffered through chronic pain but I was an alcoholic and smoker and making candles helped me kick both habits as it was also like therapy for me!

Lots of great information here and people who can help you out along the way. Good luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am hoping making candles will help me quit smoking as well lol. So far so good! My son loves to sniff my candles when they're all done and makes the cutest sounds when he does it lol. I'm currently testing Palm Wax out with a new wick, the last ones did not do so great! I have definitely learned that creating a business from the ground up is a lot harder than people make it seem to be! lol. 

• 4 weeks later...