11/8/2015 Craft Show Reports

Vicky_CO

Well this was the first weekend of Nov. and the start of the busiest craft show month. I want to hear some reports.

How did you do? When is your next show? What are the trends? If you got a chance to walk around did you see anything unusual? Any funny stories for the weekend?

I did a show this weekend that I did last year.  The attendance was not as good as last year and I did better last year.  I won't be doing this one again.  I think I am going to stay with the juried shows.  This was not juried and there is a lot of mass produced stuff.  They even had an Avon lady there!!!!  

It seems that a lot of women in this area are sure going crazy for those scarfy things that hang around the neck!  

• Like 1

Craft show season started in Sept around here. Did my farmer's market this past weekend and it rained for the first couple hours. So it wasn't until the last hour of the market that I made any money.

My next craft show is this weekend. I am praying I do well as I just paid out over $800 in plumbing fees. Ouch! anyway this is an annual holiday craft show I do every year. You can never tell how things will go as each year it seems to vary. Since sales have started picking up again since last year I am hoping to do well. I know I told a lot of my customers I will have my christmas candles at this show.

So it will be a mad rush this week to get everything finished and ready to go on time. Just finished lip balms today and solid lotion sticks yesterday. Still have to make dog paw pad butter. Then have to clean, label, and shrink wrap, and pack everything. Will let you know how the show goes after this weekend.

• Like 1

I have a show this weekend. It's the start of my holiday shows and my 3rd year at this particular one. We always do great! (Fingers crossed) I also went to scout out a show this past weekend that we this one will be a perfect addition for us next year. Will come back and update on Sunday!

Edited by jackbenimble
  • Like 1

Here I am celebrating a bit about the fact that I am finished with my shows for the season! I have a retail shop so I finish up this week with a fundraiser and then decorate for Christmas Open House. This is always a happy time for me. No more hauling and packing/unpacking etc. My shows have been really great this year. Attendance has been up and so have sales! I think the economy must be doing better. All of my shows have seen an increase in sales over last year. So, I hope Christmas will too!

• Like 1

My first show is the first weekend in December. It's a huge show so I decided not to do as many as I normally do. I got a double-sized booth this year so I have A LOT to do still.  I'm doing that one and then another smaller one the week after it. 

It's nice to read updates from everyone's shows!

• Like 1