Aroma Beads from Rustic Essentials

kfintoni

Good evening,

I want to make some air fresheners for Christmas with some aroma beads I got in a big candle supply haul. I have several bags of aroma beads from Rustic Essentials. The directions are on the bag but no longer on the web site. Does anyone know if they can be melted into ornaments? Or are they just to keep in jars.

Thanks,

Karen in MA

I have made these lately and really love the final product. We made some with Christmas Tree, Clean Cotton, Lemon Verbena, Lavender and Spearmint Eucalyptus FOs. I used quart mason jars with lids for each FO. I put 1 lb of beads in the jar. I mixed 1 ounce of FO in a small container and put two drops of dye in the FO. Stirred and then added to the beads in the jar. Put the lid on a shook like mad turning and twisting the jar. I repeated the shaking about every hour. Then every time I walked by I shook again. It took Lavender the longest to become a finished product. You want the beads to move freely in the jar without sticking to the glass. Sometimes it took up to and more than 48 hours for the beads to soak up the FO. I put them in 4 oz masons with the daisy lids that have the foam seal. (got those at Lone Star) Sold everyone I made at our open house. They will last about 6+ weeks. I have the Christmas Tree one in our bathrooms.....amazing. Great for small spaces. Nature Garden has the recipe. Good luck !! 

PS

Great for sachets as well but never tried.....

Edited by coachtom

I just bought some from NG.  They have directions are on the product page, or just search for Aroma Beads on the NG site, and a link to the full PDF will come up.  I assume the directions would be the same even tho the supplier is different  ???  Maybe.  I'm excited to get mine.  I've never used them before.

Edited by bfroberts

• 2 weeks later...

I make them into ornaments all the time. I use metal cookie cutters for my molds and put a screw or large nail where I want the hole to use to hang them and bake them in the oven for about 9 minutes at 350. I make several at one time and people use them for car fresheners. They're very popular here.

I make them into ornaments all the time. I use metal cookie cutters for my molds and put a screw or large nail where I want the hole to use to hang them and bake them in the oven for about 9 minutes at 350. I make several at one time and people use them for car fresheners. They're very popular here.

same here except I don't put the nail in, I just use a large needle and fishing line and poke the needle through and string them after they've cooled

• Like 1