So Happy I found this website!

I'm still in the testing stage....I am using GW464  I'm not sure how long I should be leaving my candles to cure. I have great cold throw but not a strong hot throw. I was reading about mixing but these are candles are making for my house and I rather stick to natural soy and No dye.

any suggestion I would appreciate it!!

Thank YOU!!! :D

I recently switched from 415 to 464 with Premier wicks and found I had to go up in size in order to get a good hot throw. Yes, I do wait two whole weeks (kills me) before testing. There are some scents I've given up on as I couldn't get the hot throw I wanted. However, there is such great information/sharing on this site that I've zeroed in on a few keepers to add to my retail sales.

GoldieMN

Guest OldGlory

Two weeks for sure. You give the candle a chance to cure. A friend of mine on this board discovered that your candle will burn differently after letting it cure (which means the wick you need might be different after 2 weeks!!!) AND the scent throw improves. If you will give yourself the time to work with this wax I think you will love it as much as I do.

I try to make candles while I'm waiting for those candle to cure.  I try to make candles weekly, (3 to 5), therefore, while I'm letting the candles cure that I just made, I'm lighting and taking notes on the candle I made two weeks ago. Best of luck to you!!!!

Thank You so much for responding!

the most I've lasted has been 4 days the wait kills me. I will try the two week wait ;)

Thank You so much for responding!

the most I've lasted has been 4 days the wait kills me. I will try the two week wait ;)

Most definitely I also wait for 2 weeks also  I learned that from Old Glory.  In waiting for the 2 week period it did determine what size wick I needed to go by.  In the beginning when I did a testing on 1 particular container which was the 8oz tin when I first started to burn it I got a rather "fast" melt pool.  But when I kept testing each day after each burn, the wax hardened more and more and the more the candle cured the melt pool slowed down and was not as deep a melt pool as in the beginning.

This was my findings.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I would imagine the candle would get harder faster, but I am not so sure it would accelerate the curing process that creates the hot throw. Are you simply wanting to make the cure/hot throw happen faster?

I would imagine the candle would get harder faster, but I am not so sure it would accelerate the curing process that creates the hot throw. Are you simply wanting to make the cure/hot throw happen faster?

Yes, just wondering if that would work. No room in my frig, but there is the porch. :)

GoldieMN

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to give you a little update! I waited and My candles SMELL!!!! and they smell great :D I made some more and I don't know what I did different that I got some holes on top (same wick, same jars, same wax as the last ones) but they are not huge and I think I could deal with the three l made just like that! I am not sure if it has anything to do with my apartment being colder now than a few weeks back ...Any suggestions on that where do you let your candles cure?

I put a cover on them and put them in my closet for the next to weeks (sounds weird I know) I am just trying to keep them nice and cozy B)

I am trying again tonight with another batch and I will watch closely the temperature... AHHHH!! so exciting!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to give you a little update! I waited and My candles SMELL!!!! and they smell great :D I made some more and I don't know what I did different that I got some holes on top (same wick, same jars, same wax as the last ones) but they are not huge and I think I could deal with the three l made just like that! I am not sure if it has anything to do with my apartment being colder now than a few weeks back ...Any suggestions on that where do you let your candles cure?

I put a cover on them and put them in my closet for the next to weeks (sounds weird I know) I am just trying to keep them nice and cozy B)

I am trying again tonight with another batch and I will watch closely the temperature... AHHHH!! so exciting!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Hi there!  What was your pouring temp? Sometimes, depending on the wax, the pouring temp may be too hot. Or you may be pouring too fast which allows air to get trapped in the candle. I know whenever I see small holes, I got ahead of myself and poured too fast or the temp wasn't cool enough.  But when that happens, I'll take a heat gun and remelt the tops, works like a charm.

Edited by Heaven-Cynt