Lotion Bases

MLG

Has anyone tried any of the premade lotion bases? I have been looking at one from Bulk Apothecary and Natures Garden. What would be the pros and cons? Just curious if they're worth the expense :)

Edited by MLG

Yes I've used Bulk Apothecary's and Essential by Catalina's.  I think I liked EBC's a little better, both were good.  At the time she only had one and now I believe she has

more lotion bases.  I stopped buying it because I don't use lotion much anymore and didn't sell it.  It's a time saver and also you don't need to have those butters and oils on hand.

If you already have them, you might want to give making from scratch a whirl.  When I stopped selling b&b it didn't make sense for me to stock oils and butters.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have tried the basic light hand and body lotion, the goat milk lotion and the thick lotion bases from Essentials of Catalina.  My daughter liked the goat milk, but the odd smell of it wasn't my fave, although a fragrance would most likely cover it.  I love the basic light lotion for that light, quick quick to absorb into my hands with NO GREASY feeling.  It's my go to for when you just need a very light lotion.  The thick is the one I turn to in the winter.  If in great need with really dry or crackly I turn to my hand salve, but if I just need a lotion, then the thick lotion is perfect.  Its creamy and also very quick to absorb and it takes my fragrance at a very low rate, which is nice. 

I wanted to make my own...but read a lot about it and decided to stick with salve and soap and I liked the base so much I never did make that first trial lotion.