Karma and Karma

Scented

So Karma has been around for a few years now and it's a beautiful scent really. However, here's what I've tried and I'm looking for a cheaper solution perhaps. 

Day-Star ... love the Kazi Kazi ... don't love the price so much at $32.95 a pound

Oregon Trail ... Similar to DS, but I think it's a tad bit lighter at the same cost as DS. So while this works as a fill in it just doesn't work as a price, not to forget it comes from the West coast, which takes a week to get here. 

TSW (The Scent Works) ... I personally felt this was the best Karma out there but there's no more TSW. 

Nature's Garden ... calls it Kismet. This is borderline an insult (IMO) to the fragrance. It's just flat too light but blends well with Instant Karma if anyone cares lol. 

These are the ones I have tried .... so what's out there that is as robust and deep as the fragrance should be that frankly costs less? Any recommendations? Who I see who carries something are listed below ... anyone have any experiences with this fragrance from these places OR know of other places to consider?  

Indigo Fragrance (much more affordable cost per pound)

Crafters Choice (They are really proud of their fragrance at almost $36 so they are out.)

The Flaming Candle Co. 

Be Scented apparently has this, but one pound in stock. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

well hello all!  haven't been around for quite some time, but do want to get in gear for the fall and saw this topic!!  i love Lush Karma and have their soap even as we speak.  i have only tried NG's and FB's versions, and not in wax, but in body sprays, solid perfume, & M&P soap. Scented, you are absolutely right about NG's version-way, way too light!! even in body/linen spray, next to nothing.  FB's was great in solid perfume and the M&P.  my M&P smells almost exactly like the real Lush Karma!!!  and it is reasonably priced.  i will say that i put 5-6 drops of patch EO into the soap mix, and as mentioned, did not use it in any wax application, but it is really (to me) a great version!!  the soap also is still smelling strong after about 5 months.  hth-kris

Thanks, Kris. I'll look into FB, but am still entertaining other suggestions since most of the FB Lush dupes I have are geared at soap and B&B stuff. That isn't to say that FB might start seeking out scents for dual applications.

Edited by Scented

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased Karma from FB three-ish years ago.  It was weak and lacked the depth of the true Karma ((it's my favorite from Lush -- I have it in all the things)), so I just renamed it at the time.  Fast forward to about six months ago.  I placed another order for it because I was starting to run low.  I'm not sure what happened, but in a matter of months, FB upped their game on this fragrance.  It is absolutely wonderful and surprisingly close to the real deal.

Now toss in Flaming's version... they currently have two of them.  The first version wasn't skin safe, so they've marked them down to $12.99/lb -- I recommend either version, as both are VERY good!!  I love having two places I can purchase Karma from.

On a side note, if you happen to love Dirty from Lush, then I highly recommend the one from Flaming!  The one from FB is good, but the one from Flaming is so very close to my shower gel from Lush <3

Glad you brought that up about Flaming, because I just stumbled on to that site yesterday and want to give them a try. So to veer off this topic a little, any Flaming suggestions as I can't buy just one ... though it bugs my partner lol. Have never smelled Dirty, but like all Lushes ...want to try. Wish there was a shop around. 

Edited by Scented