Strawberry FO for CP

Grani L

I use Strawberry Preserves by NG for my candles but before that I tried Fresh Strawberry (also by NG). I gave the remainder of Fresh Strawberry to my soaper friend and it smells awesome in her products. She does CP soap, bombs, scrubs, salts. It's a really nice, authentic strawberry. Def recommend for bath and body!

She also mixes it sometimes half and half with lime for a really amazing "strawberry margarita" scent that sells like crazy.

I collected every strawberry out there last year. None smell like a strawberry. All have that chemically note, many smelled like a really old tube of Bonnie bell lip gloss, and they morphed into something else in CP. Candybee is right, it is a holy grail.

^^rereading that it sounds sassiest that I intended. I've just learned a crazy amount about soap/soaping this past year from being friends with her and swapping fragrances.

She makes a strawberry CP that's red with green piped on top kind of spikey. It's supey cute and really does smell like strawberry. I'll ask her if they're any "trick" to it.

• Like 1

I would love to know, I think strawberry is more difficult than coffee, vanilla, or peach, and most of the strawberry shortcake types have a high amount of vanilla in them, which would create a color issue. I recently attended a Strawberry Festival, and with 5 weeks notice, and not having ever tested a strawberry I decided that I would just bring my regular soaps, and some Summer fruits. The strawberry and lime sound really nice for Summer.

So its the 'Fresh Strawberry' you friend CPs? I'll have to remember that and give it a try. The only strawberry FOs that have worked for me in CP were blends and not straight strawberry. Its so danged hard to get a real strawberry scent in CP. So far I have not found an FO that works.

Nothing meant to be sassy :)

people detect notes differently. Like cassis... To some it is the best scent ever. To others it is exactly like cat pee.

Or cilantro... To some herbaceous and delicious. To others tastes and smells like soap.

Lucky me... I am in the second of both of those examples :D

when i sniff strawberry flavors and fragrances an off taste actually develops in my mouth. The selection of strawberry aroma chemicals compounded to make 'strawberry' is fairly limited. Aldehyde C-16 seems to be common. I'm waiting on an order of aroma chems and several blended accords from Perfumers Apprentice to see i I can pick out exactly what it is.

Just to clarify (because even my first attempt of a clarification had a typo), rereading MY comment about being "well aware of the difference between CP and HP", I thought I might have come across as sassy, which obv is never my intention. Okay, back to strawberries.

Yes, Candybee. NG's Fresh Strawberry. I tried it in candles but I just felt like it was too similar to my watermelon scent so I tried the Strawberry Preserves which is sweeter and more candy-like. So I gave the rest of my Fresh Strawberry to my soap friend bc she said she needed to try a different strawberry. And now I guess I see why! Didn't know that strawberry was such a toughie for CP.

That sounds encouraging. I will have to give it a try sometime. I used to make strawberry kiwi M&P and it smelled awesome. So I have always wanted to get that same scent in CP. Like Talltayl mentioned, most strawberry scents end up smelling off, fake, or sort of plastic like.

I can see it as a note in a blend where another (like lime) takes the edge off the off-bits. I have the sweetcakes natural strawberry lip flavor. It is "better" than many other strawberry type flavors, but still not a shining star alone. Blended with crafters choice chocolate mousse for a chocolate covered strawberry it isn't too bad.

I am still hunting for a strawberry daiqiry scent. Have blended most of the strawberries available with notes like champagne and am making tiny steps forward. Will let you know how the naked aromachemicals work.