kids tub/bath jelly

Tracey

When you make this it says you need to refrigerate, but I wondered how long can it stay unrefigerated once made. May be a dumb question, but I thought about including this is a kids valentine's basket and want to make sure it's safe sitting out (won't liquify or anything) for any length of time.

Thanks

Tracey

Materials: 1 Packet of unflavored gelatin1 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of liquid soap3/4 Cup of waterFood ColoringFragrant oils or essential oilsPlastic storage jar with lid Instructions: Empty the packet of gelatin into a bowl and set aside.. Boil 3/4 cup of water using a saucepan or Kettle. Carefully pour the hot water into mixing bowl and mix it with the gelatin powder. Let the gelatin dissolve completely .

Next pour the liquid soap into the gelatin mix in the bowl. Add 2 drops of food coloring into the mix and also add your fragrance oil now (about 5 drops) and stir it very gently so the bubbles do not become agitated .

Pour the Mix into the clean storage container and allow to set for several hours in the refrigerator

HOW TO USE :

Place a small amount of jelly under the running water , a small plastic spoon in the Jar would be a good idea .

Add a small toy into the Jelly before it sets to give the kids an incentive to get to the bottom of the Jelly soap.

Dispose of the jelly after several weeks or if mold is present, Avoid mold by keeping it in an airtight container in a cool place at all times

Ive seen some people selling it on their websites and was wanting to try it in the future but wasn't sure, testing the waters. :) But if it molds within months, no way :mad: I know there's face jelly cleansers and such and never heard of issues with them. It could be the gelatin water mixture I suppose? Anyone thinking of solutions, etc?

I am going to make some today. I am going to use the liquapar optima as a preservative. I am going to keep one container for myself and keep an eye on it every day. I am doing this so I can see just how long it stays "good". I am going to keep it in the bathroom because; directions be damned; I am sure that is where most people will leave it once they have purchased it. I will keep y'all posted as to my findings. ;)

• 4 months later...