Yes I did and WHY did I wait so long?

Guest OldGlory

Seriously girl....it is not as big as it looks. It measures 24" high not including legs, 19" across the top (15" opening to put the wax in and the other 4" is the 2" on each side where the water is enclosed. All I cared about was being able to put the whole slabs in. :)

It makes the presto pot look like tiny and completely inadequate LMAO! Has anyone used one like that for soy?

How long does it take to melt down those 5 slabs of wax? Are you able to leave it on overnight if you want? Does it have a digital timer? Just wondering if you could set it to start melting so that by the time you are ready to make candles the wax is ready and heated to the correct temp. Now that would be very cool indeed!!

Hi Candybee,

When I put those slabs in, there was wax already melted in the melter, but I can tell you this ...when I was ready to pour I never had to wait at all for my wax to melt at any point. It takes a while for the melter to get going, but once it is going it goes and it melts the wax very quickly :)   I have never left on overnight yet and this did not come with a timer, but this Fall/Christmas time on Friday and Sat nights  I will have this plugged into a timer and will probably have it start around 3 or 4 am so it is ready when I am. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am researching 100 pound water jacket wax melters and might buy from waxmelters

The photos of 100 pound water jacket wax melters on waxmelters web site looks a bit different then the photos you posted of the 100 pound water jacket wax melter you purchased from waxmelters.  

Do you have a product or item code for the 100 pound water jacket wax melter that you purchased from waxmelters?  I like your photos and will probably buy the same item that you did since you recommend it so highly.  I just want to make sure I purchase the correct item. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Puma52,

Thank you for the information.  I will purchase the PW100 wax melter right after labor day.

Summer candle sales are the slowest time of the year for me and I can continue to get by with 3 Presto Pots.   As soon as I purchase the PW100, I will let everybody on the forum know what I think of the wax melter.

Once again thank you! :D  

Hi Puma52,

Thank you for the information.  I will purchase the PW100 wax melter right after labor day.

Summer candle sales are the slowest time of the year for me and I can continue to get by with 3 Presto Pots.   As soon as I purchase the PW100, I will let everybody on the forum know what I think of the wax melter.

Once again thank you! :D  

You are welcome! Along with the melter you will receive a certificate of Authenticity & Quality (I guess that would be for proof of where you bought it in case you would ever want to sell it....I am keeping mine forever :yes:  ) . Yes, the picture is different on the site than what you get.....you DO get everything you see, but the water inlet is opposite from the spout on the other side of the melter and the thermometer/water site glass is right above the heater. Your melter comes "naked" with all of your items to put on your melter perfectly wrapped and inside your melter. The lid that came with my melter is flat that fits flush against the melter on top and has a knob on top.  You will want to buy a spout to screw into the pipe (you can find @ Lowe's or any place that sells pipe) that the wax comes out of so that your wax will drain DOWN into your pour pot instead of straight out of the pipe at you which is the way the melter comes. I tried to post a picture of one with a spout but it would not let me here..but I think you know what I mean and when you get it you definitely will know what I mean. :)  I hope this helps you. :)

Hi Puma52,

More great information!   I will definitely buy the spout to screw into the pipe.  Also, I am thinking of using vegetable oil instead of distilled water.  Apparently with vegetable oil, you do not have to refill that often and you can achieve a higher temperature.

When I purchase my water jacket wax melter after labor day, I will let you know how everything goes.

Thanks! :)  :D

Hi Puma52,

More great information!   I will definitely buy the spout to screw into the pipe.  Also, I am thinking of using vegetable oil instead of distilled water.  Apparently with vegetable oil, you do not have to refill that often and you can achieve a higher temperature.

When I purchase my water jacket wax melter after labor day, I will let you know how everything goes.

Thanks! :)  :D

That sounds great Phantom! I don't know anything about using the oil. To save on the evaporation of water, I doubled up a piece of aluminum foil and fit it right over the water inlet and pressed it tightly all around it. I have to use very little water to refill it each time I use. I can't wait to hear what you think of yours! :)

Edited by puma52

The sales department at WaxMelters has twice suggested I purchase the PRIMO 100 Modified Direct Heat Wax Melter instead of the PW 100 pound Water Jacket Wax Melter.   

Does anybody have any experience with the PRIMO 100 Modified Direct Heat Wax Melter?  

I am a bit worried because most candle wax melters have a cylindrical shape while the PRIMO 100 is square shaped plus I never have heard of any candle maker using the PRIMO 100.

They also STRONGLY suggested and pushed the same thing to me......I ordered AND got what I wanted. :)  YOU are the purchaser, it's your money and it's....your decision. :)

Edited by puma52

Phantom...I am going to elaborate on my story just a little more because I think you experienced exactly what I did. I first contacted Waxmelters OVER 2 years ago to order my water jacketed melter. I spoke w/Dani and I got so aggravated and ticked off about the relentless suggestion of buying the direct melter even as I was telling her WHAT I wanted, I hung up in exasperation and so angry as to why I couldn't seem to order what I wanted. Well this year, I was more ready...she still constantly suggested the direct heat melter and I was getting angry again, so I told her I was going to do some more research and call her back with my answer. When I called her back the next day, I just flat out told her I wanted the water jacketed melter and that was that....she sighed...(that was inappropriate as far as I was concerned) but I didn't care because I was getting what I wanted. So, I hope this makes you feel better. To me It was too difficult,  maybe she has been told to wear people down to order the direct heat melter...I don't know. I really don't care. But, I am very happy with what I got and I would order from them again if I needed to. But, if you want the water jacketed melter just call her back and tell her that that is what you want and you no longer want to discuss the direct heat melter. If you want it now...do not wait like I did.  I hope this helps. :)

Edited by puma52

Let me also add that once the decision was made...EVERYTHING went beautifully! Everyone was so nice.. Dani was great, when I called to check on the progress, everyone was just awesome and helpful. So once the wrestling around with the choice of direct vs water jacketed everything was just wonderful! So in the end I was very happy with the product and service and like I said I would buy from them again. :)

Wow - umm, if they don't WANT to sell the water jacketed melter, WHY have it available for purchase? I mean really? That's ridiculous!! 

I'm glad the end came out to a satisfactory conclusion, but sheesh, what a rigamaroll!! 

• Like 1

Wow - umm, if they don't WANT to sell the water jacketed melter, WHY have it available for purchase? I mean really? That's ridiculous!! 

I'm glad the end came out to a satisfactory conclusion, but sheesh, what a rigamaroll!! 

I agree with ya Jcandleattic....if you do not want to sell the water jacketed melters, don't have them up for sale! It really was ridiculous as to how difficult it was when it didn't need to be. Maybe they have tons of the direct melters made. I don't know. But I am glad that I got what I wanted. I am a much happier camper now. :) 

When I exchange emails with WaxMelters sales department I ask about the PW100 water jacket wax melter but they always try to re-direct me to the PRIMO100.  I found it a bit strange.  So, I stopped responding to the emails they sent me.

I appreciate all your advice Puma52.  When I am ready to order the PW100 water jacket wax melter I will just tell them what I want and

ignore their advice about the PRIMO100.   Thanks! :)   

• Like 1

When I exchange emails with WaxMelters sales department I ask about the PW100 water jacket wax melter but they always try to re-direct me to the PRIMO100.  I found it a bit strange.  So, I stopped responding to the emails they sent me.

I appreciate all your advice Puma52.  When I am ready to order the PW100 water jacket wax melter I will just tell them what I want and

ignore their advice about the PRIMO100.   Thanks! :)   

Hi Phantom

Hmmm.....well, I would betcha that Dani was on the other side of that email too. :)  I betcha $100! :) Because she is I believe the only person in the sales department and she was the only one who always answered the phone except maybe for one time after my melter was already being made.  Well Phantom...now at least you will be well prepared for when you call. :) Be firm and repeat until she gives up. Keep us posted. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/16/2016 at 0:35 PM, maryta said:

Are you still happy with your water jacket melter, puma52? 

Yes I am. I love it. The best part of it is , is that you don't have to stop making candles until YOU are ready to stop making candles. :) No waiting for wax to melt once it is melted. I just keep adding slabs throughout making candles (never letting the wax get low) and I can crank them out as long as I want. Love that! :)

• Like 1