What's your favorite soaping oil?

Candybee

The one that almost every soap you make has in it?

I must confess I am stuck on castor oil. Its very hard for me not to make a soap without it. I just love how the combination of castor and coconut oil makes a creamy lather. I have also noticed that my skin beads up with moisture beads in the shower much more with castor oil in my soap than without it. But I hate going over 5% castor unless its a specialty soap.

Edited by Candybee

Guest OldGlory

I can't pick just one - I have to have castor at 5% and cocoa butter at 2.5%, with coconut oil and olive oil as the basis of the recipe. The rest is pretty negotiable for me.

Almond oil. 

I know this isn't a "luxury" oil, but my soaps are so much more "luxurious" feeling with the addition of 5-10% in my recipe, I rarely soap without it unless I'm making a salt bar or a (b)castille soap. 

Avocado is another one I don't like soaping without, again, for the same reasons as almond, but I think I like Almond oil better. 

Another almond oil lover here.

Lately, I have become addicted to sunflower oil in soap. I have a line of sunflower oil soaps that I use both regular and high oleic sunflower oil instead of olive. I just love what the linoleic acid from regular sunflower oil adds to soap.

You just have to watch the fatty acid and iodine levels when using it. But I go as high as I can because it feels so good! It really makes my skin feel so soft more than any other oil I have tried so far.