Will this work? (trying to fix a screw-up)

bfroberts

I poured 20 clamshells before I realized my percentages were off.  I meant to do 50/50 blend of 4630/4625.  Instead I poured a 65/35 blend, which is too soft and won't release from the clams.  I popped a few in the fridge and after a couple of hours, they will slide out with a little manipulation.  Question is.....can I melt them down and add the appropriate additional amount of 4625 and FO to get them up to the correct 50/50 blend and then repour back into the same clams? 

Just trying to salvage whatever I can.  Thanks!

This turned into a happy accident.  I was afraid of leaking clamshells, so I only re-poured into the ones that were perfect.  Rather than using up new clams for the leftover wax, I poured it into a couple of jars intending to save them as "sniffer" jars (trying to cut down on so many grubby hands on my clams).  They were, without a doubt, the most beautiful candle pours I've ever done.  I let them sit overnight and a couple of hours ago I poked a hole and stuck a wick down in one of them and lit it.  Oh my, what a fabulous candle.  The pour was gorgeous, perfect adhesion, flawless top, the throw is amazing, and now a perfect burn at the 2 hour mark.  I know this can probably never be duplicated on purpose, but at least I can admire it while it lasts.

• Like 2