Aztec Order

blt212

That does sound really good Puma!  Ya know I have looked at Texas Candle company a million times and have never ordered from them but have wanted to.  I'm going to in the next couple of weeks.  I just love their names and descriptions...

As per Old Glory's suggestion one of the fragrances I ordered was the apple pie.  With a 2 week cure in my huge 4 pound jar I ordered from Fillmore I just lit it last night and it is the bomb I will say.  It is really awesome so I am very happy with a great apple pie.

Trappeur 

• Like 1

That does sound really good Puma!  Ya know I have looked at Texas Candle company a million times and have never ordered from them but have wanted to.  I'm going to in the next couple of weeks.  I just love their names and descriptions...

As per Old Glory's suggestion one of the fragrances I ordered was the apple pie.  With a 2 week cure in my huge 4 pound jar I ordered from Fillmore I just lit it last night and it is the bomb I will say.  It is really awesome so I am very happy with a great apple pie.

Trappeur 

Their leather is awesome....smells just like walking into a saddle shop....it smells just like the real thing.....shout out and thank you to Belinda for sending me in the right direction to this supplier and to Aztec for the awesome straight up Tobacco. :)  Thanks Belinda! :)

• Like 2

You're so welcome puma52! They really do have a great leather. I've also used their Buckles & Spurs and it's good too, also Cowboys at the Beach (which I think is a mixture of butt naked and leather) , and  Cowboy Sunset are all good. 

I'm going to have to try Aztec's tobacco and leather. I've never thought about blending those two. I renamed tobacco though and it's been popular. Pretty much all the leather blends have been my best sellers down here in Texas! 

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

I just very simply call it Leather and Tobacco...I should call it Bull Rider....it sounds dirty, dusty and oh SO manly!!! :)

I have firsthand experience with this one - my ex-husband had been a bull rider as a young man - before he broke his back doing that. Leather, tobacco, and a little whiskey and that should do it!

Does the leather take over a lot using .75? Can you still smell the tobacco? Have you tried a 50/50

Good Morning Daisymay66!! :)

How are ya? When I was blending this the first time, I had poured enough scent in my "blending cup" to have the 50/50, it was like hmmmm...tobacco smells a little too strong and not enough leather, so I decided to make it a 75/25 blend and I liked that much better. I think it is because I just LOVED the leather and I wanted that to be the more prominent scent. I had had a customer tell me that she wanted a leather/tobacco blend and that she had loved a candle she had bought from another company with that name. When I made her this she told me "You nailed it!" I can smell both of the scents in this blend.  So, it is now my recipe for the blend. I really love making it more than I thought I would. :) I had ordered several tobacco's looking for a TRUE tobacco... I did not want none of that cherry smelling stuff. Aztec has the TRUE awesome straight smelling tobacco. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

I have a product in my line that is very similar to this. I am a math teacher by trade and one of my fellow teachers raises high-powered rodeo bulls. To make a long story short, her son is a bull rider. He loved the scent so much he named it 8 SECOND RIDE! It is one of my BEST sellers !

• Like 3

Good Morning Daisymay66!! :)

How are ya? When I was blending this the first time, I had poured enough scent in my "blending cup" to have the 50/50, it was like hmmmm...tobacco smells a little too strong and not enough leather, so I decided to make it a 75/25 blend and I liked that much better. I think it is because I just LOVED the leather and I wanted that to be the more prominent scent. I had had a customer tell me that she wanted a leather/tobacco blend and that she had loved a candle she had bought from another company with that name. When I made her this she told me "You nailed it!" I can smell both of the scents in this blend.  So, it is now my recipe for the blend. I really love making it more than I thought I would. :) I had ordered several tobacco's looking for a TRUE tobacco... I did not want none of that cherry smelling stuff. Aztec has the TRUE awesome straight smelling tobacco. :)

Hey Girl!

Awesome! You answered my question perfectly! I've never ordered from Texas so now wondering if I try one from my regular suppliers or just go there. I got a leather scent from somewhere a long time ago and not be gross but it smelled like barf in a bottle!! Yucky!! Lol thanks girlfriend :) as always..you rock! :)

• Like 1

Are you testing "Cuban Tobacco" from RE/AH? They rate that one as "strong" for soy throw. I've noticed a couple of their fragrances that I have had problems getting a good hot throw from, are rated "not tested" for soy. So I thought I just had to avoid buying anything they hadn't tested. Hmmm. . .so I can't help you. What container, wick, soy, & % of oil are you using?

GoldieMN

Yes I am using Cuban Tobacco from RE. I use 464 like some of the others here. I had a sample and it was doing decent but had to wick up so I purchased a bigger bottle.

Thank you Old Glory- I will definitely try the one from Aztec soon.

• 3 weeks later...

No worries OG. I am going to work with it a bit more before I move on. I have not sent it to testers yet as I'm still in the intial testing stages with just myself.

Maybe it needs more cure time. It has only cured 10 days but I would think that is enough time if it's that good.

Trappeur and Daisymay66, I've used several from Texas Candle supply. He's not too far up the road from where I work and my oldest son lives right down the road from him and picks stuff up for me occasionally. I really like Cowboys at the beach which smells like a blend of butt naked and leather. It's one I can do myself though, but his does smell good. I also like Buckles & Spurs,  Chaps, Sun washed denim, Thoroughbred, and Cowboy sunset are all good to my nose. I didn't like Dusty Mexican Morning though. I ordered an FO from BCS by the same name and they were nothing alike. The one from TCS smelled floral to me and almost made me gag while the one from BCS is more of a bakery scent.  I have several samples that I haven't put in wax yet though.

I love their  leather though. 

• Like 1