Cleaning wax off kitchen floor....

Hi!  I make candles out of starburst palm pillar wax and am having difficulty getting the wax off my kitchen floor.  Having read a few posts on this topic, I understand Goo Gone should do the job, however my floor is a fake/plastic-style wood with grooves in it.  I am having difficulty getting the wax out of the grooves.  If anyone has some suggestions as to what I can do to clean this up, I would appreciate it!  

I work with palm and when I drop wax on the floor or countertop I usually wait for it to cool. Then it is easiest to scrape it off with a putty knife. What I can't scrape off I use my heat gun to liquify then paper towel it off. I use this rule of thumb; scrape off the majority of it first, then heat gun the leftover residue. I color my wax so I don't want the color to soak into the floor or countertop so I would rather just heat gun a tiny bit than a lot.

Sometimes ice works well, depends on surface.  Just ice it for a few minutes and then it should scrape right off with a butter or putty knife.  What has happened to me is the palm wax

will come right up on my floor but the dang dye stains the floor.

Your best bet is prevention. Cover your floor and working area. I have a rug I cover the floor with. My countertops clean easy but if they didn't I would cover them with newspaper or wax paper and tape it down. The paper is easy to throw away and a rug can be washed.

Guest OldGlory

After I spilled a bottle of yellow candle dye on my kitchen countertop I learned to cover all surfaces before I start.

• 2 weeks later...

After I spilled a bottle of yellow candle dye on my kitchen countertop I learned to cover all surfaces before I start.

It took a bottle of purple spilled all over the floor for me to learn............lol