Homemade soap stamp/press ~ Hemp soap cut

My next batch of hemp soap is cut.

It is Oatmeal milk and honey (soymilk)

I am soooo happy..........I have been looking everywhere for a soap stamp, and they are so expensive to ship. I just wanted something simple.

I was at the local craft shop today and saw something that I thought would work perfectly. It was in the isle with unpainted wooden things....boxes, little wooden things to paint etc...and I found these flat wooden stars, hearts and other shapes....and then found these little woodhandle looking things....

I drilled a hole not to far down into the star, to fit the handle and glued it with hot glue. Voila............

A soap stamp for under $3.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture0400ea.jpg

picture0356ra.jpg

Guest EMercier

Great idea! I was looking into getting a stamp or what else I could use and not have to pay for shipping. Guess I'll have to take a trip to Michaels or Walmart.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments!

I thought you'd like it!

I bought these at Michael's......They have different size wood pieces. Forgot to mention I glued 2 together to make it sturdier, and for the hole I drilled to go deeper.

The wood pieces come to about 3-5 to a bag and the wood handles come to 2 to a bag....

Hearts would be perfect for Valentine's Day!!!

You really can't beat the price.........It's just a simple stamp, nothing fancy...but only you will know that!