Orange Spice Cut pics

Candybee

I am pleased with my swirls. Not so much with the colors. They are nice, just not the orange and red I was aiming for. The orange has turned into a weird fleshy pink color and the red is almost a soft maroon. On top of that the orange scent is almost non-existant as its fading. I am so bummed out! But at least the swirls are pretty so I am happy with that!

post-2172-0-12392800-1425842910_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-79972100-1425842947_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-51020900-1425842974_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-05016800-1425843002_thumb.jp

Edited by Candybee

Guest OldGlory

I tried soaping 5 fold orange EO a few years ago and the scent was almost nonexistent.

I don't get it. Lovespell from Aztec, which seems to have a lot of orange in it, is SUPER strong in CP. I know it's an FO, but why can't someone make a strong orange FO for bath and body?

Has anyone tried using a 5x or 10x soap recipe with kaolin clay? Wonder if that would hold the scent.

This is a 10x orange! I anchored it with both litsea cubeba and patchouli EOs. I am gonna give it one more try and double the amount I put in my batch. If that doesn't work I will have to find another fragrance. I know I can fix the color with the right colorants but the orange is something thats hard to get in CP. It might work in HP but then I won't get the lovely swirls I want.

So sorry it didn't turn out as expected. Scent sounded wonderful and uncut looked like the colors would be vibrant.

If it's any consolation, I buy handmade soap to sell and have yet to find a true orange scent that you can smell!

You might be surprised with the colors - after being exposed to the air, they might come back to what they are supposed too. A lot of times my pink with turn orange, but after saponification and a cut, they go back to pink. It's weird, but it happens a lot with me. 

And maybe the same thing will happen with the scent? I hope. 

I think they look really good, 

• 3 weeks later...

I think they look really good.  I've never had any luck with orange scents sticking or staying true- but then sometimes I think it's my nose.  My friend can always smell the orange when I think it's completely faded.