Throw-back-Thursday

Jcandleattic

I don't have anything new but wanted to show off, (LOL) so I thought I would post a TBT - feel free to post your own throwbacks to this thread!! :)

This is one I did last year with a blend of Ocean, Cool Water, Moonlight Path, and Black Linen & Amber. Smells great. 

I call it "Walk on the Ocean" 

Love them, and they smelled great. I only have 1 bar left of this one. 

post-200-0-46027900-1424385229_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-78350200-1424385230_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-42018900-1424385231_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-93682200-1424385231_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-43411500-1424385232_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's beautiful JC! I love ocean and made my very first batch of salt bars with it. I've tried using cool water before but can't find one that sticks in CP.

Wish I could share some pics of something from the past but alas.... my pics were obliterated recently by a nasty comp virus.

I do recall one of my favorites was a sunflower oil recipe soap I made using Fillmore's Daffodils. I had finally mastered this beautiful delicate swirl and posted pics of it a while back. Maybe if I can find the thread I will post a link so you can see them.

Here's the link to the thread about the Daffodil soap: http://www.craftserver.com/topic/105419-daffodil/

Edited by Candybee

Both of those  are gorgeous soaps! 

Here is a throwback from a few years back.  My first ever glycerin river soap....at the time I had NO IDEA this effect was

called glycerin rivers.  Only just learned that here in the last 2 weeks.  

I really want this to happen again but have no idea how to reproduce it.  Will have to dig out my recipe for that batch.
edited to add....this FO was  Cracklin Birch from NG.  Fits  the soap look to a T! 

post-10297-139458472975_thumb.jpg
Edited by debratant

They all look great! 

Candy, I remember those soaps! 

Deb, the way I usually get the glycerin rivers is full water, high heat and TD. 

Puma, those are really pretty. Almost look like a candy corn pattern. I can almost smell them from the computer screen!! 

Simply beautiful all these soaps!  I've bought from some talented artisans here these soap bars and they still haven't made it into my bathroom! lol....All sitting in my shelf unit in the dining room they are so beautiful!

Candybee, that Daffodil sure says spring and beautiful colors.....I'm not a floral or spa person when it comes to scents but I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order this Daffodil.  So many love it.....

Keep the pictures coming!

Trappeur

Woohoo! I think we have such creative people here. Such beautiful soaps! Suzy those pumpkin soaps are amazing! Debratant-- JC may be right about the heat and full water and TD combo for the glycerin rivers. I just remember reading somewhere that too much TD can cause it too and I've seen pics of it before. So I have always been careful not to use more than 1 tsp PPO.

But in the right soap it can look awesome. So hope you can figure out how you did it because your soap looks cool with the cracking on it.

Edited by Candybee