Lipstick Dolls by Crayola

emilyspoppy

Can't say i ever looked at the jumbo pack of crayons and though, yum, let's smear these fab colors on my lips! The smell alone was enough to make me say nuh uh. If someone wants to make it for themselves, knock yourself out. Expecting someone else to apply it to themselves, not so much.

Not all crayons are made with the same quality of ingredients. Rose Art, for instance, melt into a weird grey color and separate. Crayola melt better, but when i looked up some of the pigments it was quickly clear many are not approved for lip application even if the crayon were made in accordance with cosmetic use in mind.

Eating them in limited quantities probably won't make you sick, but when the pigments are no longer bound tightly in the wax the story may change.

The Crayola legal team must cringe every time stuff like this is published onto some crazy blog.

The Crayola legal team must cringe every time stuff like this is published onto some crazy blog.

Yes.

There is also an entry on FAQ's about not using Crayola Crayons as wax for candles.

http://www.crayola.com/faq/another-topic/do-you-have-any-information-on-how-to-melt-crayons-to-make-candles/

What exactly do you mean Suzy? What person is saying the "right" info? Or are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

I'm a pretty sarcastic person but I'm being serious. lol There's a comment in the comments section that warns everyone that it's not a good idea and they give all sorts of good info and other people are jumping all over that person.

• Like 1

I'm a pretty sarcastic person but I'm being serious. lol There's a comment in the comments section that warns everyone that it's not a good idea and they give all sorts of good info and other people are jumping all over that person.

Thanks. I missed reading the comments. Just read through them and all I can say is OMG! Some of those comments are downright scary!

Thanks. I missed reading the comments. Just read through them and all I can say is OMG! Some of those comments are downright scary!

My favorite part of articles is always the comments. lol.  Half the time, I'll see a headline and I won't even read the article but will go straight to the comments because people can be such humans sometimes. lol.   Yes, some of the comments in this one are jaw dropping. I'm like, people, have you ever used a crayon!    My favorite one is "Or you can just go buy lipstick"  lol.

• 2 months later...