Special Order "Rose" soap

Jcandleattic

My husbands aunt ordered some soap for her sorority sisters for Christmas.

They are called "The Yellow Roses of Texas" LOL but they didn't want a rose or floral scented soap. Which was fine with me.

It was actually kind of difficult trying to determine what she DID want, but I settled on this.

She had mentioned in the convo 3-4 times a lemon type of scent (even though she didn't come right out and say "LEMON")

So this is my interpretation of the soap she wants.  

It is a yellow/white swirl (hopefully) with yellow roses embeds on top sprinkled with gold and iridescent glitter, scented Lemon Blossom. (I know - no florals - but this doesn't really smell floraly - to me it smells like a lemon tart - you know, those lemon bars that have powdered sugar on them? That's what this smells like to me) and it's my smaller bars. I *think* she said half dozen, but if not, I'll make another batch because this will give 8 perfect bars and 2 slightly small ones. (There are 2 - 1lb molds 4.5 bars each mold) 

post-200-0-15940500-1416775367_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-04106600-1416775413_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-81699900-1416775455_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

How did I miss this thread? I love your soaps. Love the lemon yellow color and pretty top. Just wish you had the cut pix. Would love to have seen the embeds.

I have a picture on my phone. when I get a chance I will post the cut pics of the second batch I did because this one didn't turn out. (I don't know - this new oil blend I'm using for soaps, the color learning curve is a long one - half the time the colors turn out exactly like they should and how I envision them, and the other half of the time - even though every factor of making the soap is exactly the same, the color fails on me - I'm sure it's the addition of Olive Oil in my recipe, because I cannot pin-point it to anything else) 

• Like 1

I know how frustrating getting your colors right can be. Sometimes I think I will never get mine right but when they do come out right its like you want to celebrate and jump for joy!

With the formula I had before adding the OO the colors were spot on every time. Exactly how I envisioned them and I could get the exact color I wanted - each and every time. (maybe not the exact swirl or pattern, but never had a problem with the color) 

Added a percentage of OO and now I can only get a color to work out once in a while, from batch to batch. Even when 2 of the OO batches are IDENTICAL in every way, sometimes the colors will work and sometimes they won't. And yes, it is frustrating. I have to decide do I want to compromise color? Or ingredients... *sigh* 

I finally got the pictures out of my phone and onto my computer. 

They did look better in person, and hubs aunt said they were a "big hit" so I guess they were okay. 

Anyway, here they are. Because they are phone pics, they are not very good. (not that they would be good if I used a camera, but you know! LOL)   :)

post-200-0-62146600-1419699970_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-35313700-1419700050_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-13945700-1419700100_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-88676300-1419700144_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-41953700-1419700169_thumb.jpg

Your soap looks wonderful! If it smells like a lemon tart, then it must smell amazing. I cannot see how anyone would not be very pleased with something like this. Great job!

Thank you! I was pleased with the second batch (the cut pictures). The first batch you could not see the swirls at all.