So many left over test waxes

I know this may be a really stupid question but I have to ask it. What do the rest of you do with the waxes you have tried and know that you do not want to use for your candles? I have so many that are just laying around taking up space. I know I won't use them. Obviously I don't want to throw them out either. Some I got for free so I couldn't sell them.

I'm with CranberryGirl on this one. I make firestarters with all my extra wax. With the constant testing I do and have done, I'll never run out of wax for my firestarters. I mix all of it together, different colors, scents or whatever when making them.

I save all my "food jars" (like pickles and speg sauce) - clean them really well in dishwasher.

I then add a wick (have to use educated guess here on size) and keep it handy. I pour all my "old" wax into this jar - so I get some funky layers - but they are Super for me to burn and Awesome if you loose power and need light in a dark bathroom etc.

Bev, what are firestarters?

Thanks, Fern-Marie

I'd post a pic but I'm at work and do not have access to my photos on this computer. In a nutshell, I fill a paper cup (I use the type that you would use for party favors like nuts and mints) with wood shavings that have been mixed with my leftover wax. I insert a piece of wick (leftover from trimming excess) for easy lighting and top with cheap potpourri also mixed with the wax to make it look pretty. After they have set up, they can be put in a fireplace or campfire to assist in lighting a fire. Just put them on top of the kindling wood but under the log, light, and they burn for approx. 20 minutes, enough time to get the kindling going and the fire started.

If you don't want to use it for anything but don't feel right about selling it, post it in the classifieds anyway. I've seen a few people in there give away wax, the person getting it just pays for shipping.

Personally, I'd tuck it away. You never know what you might want to try later on down the road. Yup, I'm a pack rat :D

I've been contacted by someone who lives near me who wants some of it. I think I will list the left overs in the want adds. I have too limited space to be a pack rat. And the way our weather has been here lately nobody is lighting any fires so I don't think there would be much interest in firestarters (this year anyway). We're still in the 80's and sometimes 90's. Thanks everyone for the ideas:D

I've been contacted by someone who lives near me who wants some of it. I think I will list the left overs in the want adds. I have too limited space to be a pack rat. And the way our weather has been here lately nobody is lighting any fires so I don't think there would be much interest in firestarters (this year anyway). We're still in the 80's and sometimes 90's. Thanks everyone for the ideas:D

Here in San Diego, a firestarter is a guy who goes hunting, gets lost from his buddy, lights a flare during Santa Ana season (high winds from desert) and the end result is a fire lasting 2 weeks (not to mention loss of thousands of homes).

Right Jeana?!?