Which 6 labels for Christmas tins would you pick?

Ok, here is a little tutorial (lol) for you Puma and Tracey and anyone else who wants to check the site out...

1.  Of course you all know you need to sign up on Zazzle with a password etc just like any other site.

2.  I guess the best way I can describe Zazzle  is it is somewhat like Etsy but the difference is everything is custom.

When you get in on the site and see t shirts with custom printing on it, business cards, accessories, cases for i pods, etc, etc etc, each and everything you see is custom made by an artisan of which when you open up say for instance you see a t shirt you like with a picture of a mountain scene on it, you will see the name of the artisan below the description of the t shirt.  Now this t shirt, you can buy and change either the whole design to maybe a flower of which you can change the flower color, maybe put a background behind the flower, and then you can put the name of your business on it and do anything you want with fonts as far as sayings go.  It is all very very custom.  To make changes on the shirt, you scroll around the entire site and drag or click on what you want on the shirt.  What is the most important thing is using tag words in the search bar.  Zazzle is the company that does all the printing and each artisan comes up with the own designs and puts it on Zazzle for sale...Boy I hope I am making sense.

When you do a search as this is where I find all my designs there are a million ways to find one thing and you will be surprized to how much is out there.

I'm sure everyone has gone to a printing company where you pickout a design and they print them for you in whatever color you want but you go with their standard designs they have.  The difference in Zazzle is that this is a lot different.  These are all artisans creating designs and then they put their designs up on the site to sell.  They are selling themselve and their artwork.

I went even further on Zazzle once I figured out how to navagate the site on going more custom.  For example my main label which as you know is a pine cone, I found on the site under pine cones but it was only on the site in a cream background and was a small pinecone.  I clicked on the artisans name which brought me to her own site that is on Zazzle and it now opened up into her own site where she does not only offer labels, but business cards, stationary, wood boxes, and also so much more that she does.  I messaged her and asked if she could tweak the pine cone label into what I was looking for and she very happily did.  She is a delight to work with.  When I do custom private labels for shops, being that I developed a relationship with her I asked her if we could come up with a certain look for a new customer of mine.  I would send her a picture of what I was looking for as an idea.  I might like a birch background, I might want a branch added to the label and these ideas got created and were transformed onto a smashing label.  And all this for no charge as it only boosts her business and it was an order.

It's like learning for the first time how to operate a computer for the first time meaning this site is awesome, it just takes a while to learn how to manouver through it and finding.  

The one thing you have to remember is when you click on the search bar, another big search bar opens up and you type in what you want.  But what gets you the most ideas is to put in for example like if you are looking for a heart design.  Besides just doing a search for heart, do these......

Blue and gold heart sticker

vintage heart sticker

hearts and roses sticker

heart on my sleeve sticker

primitive red heart sticker

christmas heart sticker

(the list goes on endlessly)

(the extra details of whatever you are looking for is what brings up a wider selection)

And most important my labels on their site considered a sticker not a label.  The labels they have are like return address and shipping.  But if you want the rectangular shape of a label (and they come in lots of sizes) just type in label....other wise you have to put sticker.  And when you pick a design,  you can pick out the background.  You can also increase or decrease the design on the label.  You can do the same with fonts.  You can get them so big they will cover your computer screen.

I can' say enough about this company.  I love them and have been using them for a number of years.  It's horrible to say but I waste more time here designing than doing other things I should be doing.  They also have a forum.  And they have sales every day.  But I will say it does take time to learn the site.

I hope this helps the ones who have asked me about them.  If for some reason anyone can't come up with a look that is your own, I don't mind helping at all and figure out some designs for you.  Just ask away....

Trappeur

oh another thing....

Say for example your looking for an elegant floral design in a sticker and want in a teal and cream color and can't find in a sticker........

There are tons and tons of  artisans on Zazzle that do wedding invitations and stationary.

In the search bar just type in elegant teal floral stationary.

When the page opens up to all the tons of custom designs, click on the design you like even if it is teal and black and then look at the bottom of that particular design and click on the artisan or store and it will bring you there to that site.  Now you can message that person and tell them you like such and such a design in their stationary line but could they make it in a sticker for you. And pretty much 100 per cent will and they will tell you what link they have made for you to click on and it will be in a label/sticker.  Voila!  No extra price either.

Trappeur

My favorites are #5 and #6, but they're all really nice.

I liked the mushroom ones at first glance, but then I thought, what do mushrooms have to do with Christmas? But maybe that's good, because they're different. :)