CP Shaving Soap - Bay Rum - UPDATE 1st post...

guppygirl

UPDATE 2/1/06: OK, so do you think someone could've looked at this pic and asked me why the heck the mugs were so full??? LOL - hubby looked up shaving soap for me after seeing a mug at Kroger that was maybe 1/4 of the way full... um, guess it needs room to lather - DUH!!! He really likes the closeness of the shave, but now he wants me to make him an aftershave scented bay rum... ack - need 2 full time jobs to support this habit!

Whew - getting back into the swing of things & having fun experimenting :D

This is my first attempt at shaving soap (thanks to Rae Ann for the kaolin!)

This is CP - lard/veggie mix, scented Bay Rum (blend of BNL & WSP) The mugs are for DH & his friend - goddess bars are for me of course! Waiting on some shaving brushes from TSD.

CPshave.jpg

Thanks! This was my first time using molds like this & I was more than a little apprehensive. I took a bit of a water discount, soaped cool and let them cool completely and really didn't have too much of a problem getting them out. The square ones were easier than the goddess bars, but I was surprised at how relatively easy they popped out. I've heard putting them in the freezer for a few minutes helps if you decide to try again.

I love those molded bars! :yay: Wonderful! I bet your soap smells fantasticl. I'm a great fan of Bay Rum....mmmmm.

I've been too chicken to pour any CP into molds, but yours look so awesome that I might just have to buy a mold or two and give it a whirl.

Awesome!

OMG...I havent seen a mug like that in yrs! My dad used to have one ...They used to be gas station give aways.

Nice lookin soap too!

Ya should have told me you were gonna make shavin soap with that Bay Rum...I would have sent ya a shaving brush too.

OMG...I havent seen a mug like that in yrs! My dad used to have one ...They used to be gas station give aways.

Nice lookin soap too!

Ya should have told me you were gonna make shavin soap with that Bay Rum...I would have sent ya a shaving brush too.

LOL too funny - that's exactly where DH got them, many many many MANY years ago ;) They've been sitting in the cupboard unused for a while now & he agreed to let me use them for his soap.

And you were supposed to be psychic & know that I was making shaving soap since I wanted bay rum, and send me the shaving brush! Now I'm getting a dozen, um, just to have!

Your shaving soaps look awesome!! I have a question. Is it that soft that you can use a brush? Or do you wet the brush and rub it on the soap to get a good lather?

Thanks :) And as for the brushes... um... yea, I dunno! The soap isn't really that soft so I'm thinking you'd have to wet the brush first - we'll see!

Very very nice, and the shaving mugs bring back good memories of watching my grandpa shave in the morning. :)

He'd take his shaving brush and wet it, and then swirl it around in his mug till he got this killer lather and then rub it all over his chin and cheeks, and sometimes on mine. ;):D

Oh, now I'm gonna start crying, I miss him so. :(

I love those other molds, very unique.

:thumbsup: