CP Shaving Soap - Bay Rum - UPDATE 1st post...

guppygirl

• 3 weeks later...

Yah, I actually WAS thinking that when I saw them, but since I've never made it before, I didn't want to say anything, I mean what do I know? ;)

No biggie, so they get a little lather down the sides for a while, it'll wear down as they use it more. :D

I do think though that only filling them 1/4 full is kinda skimpy (like the Kroger supplier did), but maybe just 2/3 full?

I've just got to try this Bay Rum scent, I know it's been around for years and years (very popular in the 50's I think?) and I think hubby would love that nostalgic scent. :)

...I've bought the M&P shaving soap, the shaving brush, and the mug and haven't gotten around to pouring it for DH. And I absolutely would have filled the mug completely--now that it's been discussed, it makes perfect sense but I would have done exactly what you did. Except that I would have taken the easy route and used M&P!!

Thanks for posting this.

Jane

Yah, I actually WAS thinking that when I saw them, but since I've never made it before, I didn't want to say anything, I mean what do I know? ;)

No biggie, so they get a little lather down the sides for a while, it'll wear down as they use it more. :D

I do think though that only filling them 1/4 full is kinda skimpy (like the Kroger supplier did), but maybe just 2/3 full?

I've just got to try this Bay Rum scent, I know it's been around for years and years (very popular in the 50's I think?) and I think hubby would love that nostalgic scent. :)

LOL - yea, thanks a bunch for keeping your mouth shut!!! And the lather down the sides of the mug when DH first used it was pretty comical. Oh well, at least we know better now!

I was able to scrape almost half the soap out of the 2nd mug - I'll send you a sample when I make your shower bar :) Soon, I promise!!!