Recycling Wax

I keep coming up with stubs of candles, some mutilated by those who don't have a clue how to burn a candle. some are high quality candles, some are junk. I try to recast them so they won't go to waste. Main problem is wicking them is pure guesswork, When it doesn't work, it's a big problem. No, I don't sell these so it is my problem and nobody elses. Does anyone else recycle wax? Any thoughts?

I recycle them into tarts only. Wicking is hard enough when using premium wax, I dont' want to give myself further headaches by trying to wick an unknown wax. Also by doing this I use very strong scents and I also only use up to 2% FO in it. Again, without knowing the wax or scent load, I don't want weeping tarts, but I also don't want to waste good FO if it's crappy wax either. 

So, that's how I do it... 

I recycle them into tarts only. Wicking is hard enough when using premium wax, I dont' want to give myself further headaches by trying to wick an unknown wax. Also by doing this I use very strong scents and I also only use up to 2% FO in it. Again, without knowing the wax or scent load, I don't want weeping tarts, but I also don't want to waste good FO if it's crappy wax either. 

So, that's how I do it... 

Sounds good, but I don't do tarts. 

I take a 3lb coffee can and put 4 wicks in it and pour excess wax in there. works well. Lots of different scents but it is a wonderful candle for when you are sitting outside.

This would work, but I would use the equivalent size glass container. I would have to decide how large a wick to use. 

I have been given tons of not completely burned church candles, which are usually white or ivory, usually are composed of 50%beeswax and 50% paraffin.   I melt the wax, strain it though an old stocking---this gets rid of the old wick and any trash in the wax.  I have a mold prepared and wicked if I am going to pour a candle then, if not, I usually make chunks and store them until I'm ready to make a pillar.  I add color and scent as well.  I don't sell them, they're for my personal use, but I do keep notes on what I've done, size of wick, dye, scent,temp,etc.  I have enough wax at this point that I can make test candles tho.   I don't remelt  the wax for use again once I've burned the remade  candle down.

• 2 weeks later...