Do you sell non-candle products along side your melts?

QTsmum

I have been thinking about trying my hand at making lip balm and maybe eventually bath bombs.  Wasn't sure if they would be weird along side of my melts though.  At the same time, it might be nice to have a little something for the people who aren't melt lovers...

I'm trying to talk myself out of it because, in all honesty, the melts are an expensive enough of a hobby!  ;)  I just sell at a handful of fairs a year and whenever from the house.

Yup! I sell lots of things along with my wax melts. :)  Lip balm, perfume, soap, body powder, solid lotion, room sprays. I've made some things that I just didn't want to add to my shop yet like bath bombs and such.   I have a few more products I'm working on as well that I'll be adding in the next couple of months.   I also have a mineral makeup business.

Edited by SuzyK

Guest OldGlory

QTsmum, if you believe that you have a market for additional products why not try? I've sold lots of different products at the same booth/table before. Some did well, some did not. You just never know what's going to sell.

Yea sell more than one thing I have done that almost from the beginning. It does not have to be candle or soap stuff I always tried to have some things for kids. That way they can be looking at the same time mom and dad are.

• Like 1

I sell candles, soap, room spray, lotions, clamshell melts, etc. So YES! The more you sell the more appealing you are as long as you don't over do it! Remember that even with scents, too much choice is overwhelming to a customer! :)

When doing a show, I don't take every product I make. It's just too much work.  This last Christmas I did a huge show and I took wax melts, soaps, and lip balm.  I'll be readjusting those items when I do the same show.   Wax melts and lip balm were huge sellers but the soap wasn't for some reason.

Go for it QTs Mum!! Your customers will love it! I offer several different types of candles and also melts, but I also make lip balm, lotion, soaps, bath bombs, room sprays, body sprays etc. Expanding your line is always good and it is so fun! :)  There are lots of companies you can also buy through wholesale to expand your line if you have a Tax ID #. Wreaths are fun to learn to make. I just got a botanical order in and am going to start making potpourri again which I love to do and have not done for a couple of years. I am also going to be making some new B&B product soon. Always be thinking of ways to grow your company....it WILL pay off. :)

• Like 1