C-3 Wax no CT - I'm loosing my hair!!

HELP PLEASE!

My candles have been curing just short of 2 weeks. I made some with 6% fragrance load and 8% but I am not getting a strong cold throw. I thought my nose had enough of the constant sniffing but asked a friend to smell and they agreed - not much CT. Is there anything anyone can suggest?

I want a "kick butt strong" CT so people notice the scent as soon as the candle is taken from the box (that I plan to package them in).

My FO are high grade and reviews from others suggest great throws, I heat my wax to 185 hold for 5 minutes, add FO and stir until temperature has dropped to 165 then pour in slightly warmed jars. I have also tested using FO heated to 120 and still the same result. I have tried 6 different FO so far in this test run:undecided

Edited by Bells Bells

Is C-3 all soy? Seems like I've read that it is. I don't use all soy but from what I've read it can be picky about which FO's throw in it. Maybe the FO's you're using just aren't strong in soy. Have you thought about using paraffin or a para/soy? I don't know much about making container candles yet. Wish I was more help. I'm sure someone that's experienced with soy will give you some helpful advice.

If I'm not mistaken, C-3 is 100% soy:

From NatureWax:

What is the difference from C-1 and C-3?

NatureWax has two Container Blends that are called C-1 and C-3. The main difference between these waxes is that C-1 consists of a blend of Vegetable Oils, whereas C-3 is 100% Soy Based.

I use C-1, which is why the conversation caught my attention. I love the C-3 in my blend. I do add a bit of Palm and J-50 to make it behave however.

• 1 month later...

HELP PLEASE!

My candles have been curing just short of 2 weeks. I made some with 6% fragrance load and 8% but I am not getting a strong cold throw. I thought my nose had enough of the constant sniffing but asked a friend to smell and they agreed - not much CT. Is there anything anyone can suggest?

I want a "kick butt strong" CT so people notice the scent as soon as the candle is taken from the box (that I plan to package them in).

My FO are high grade and reviews from others suggest great throws, I heat my wax to 185 hold for 5 minutes, add FO and stir until temperature has dropped to 165 then pour in slightly warmed jars. I have also tested using FO heated to 120 and still the same result. I have tried 6 different FO so far in this test run:undecided

I used to use C3 for candle's as well. I always tempered my wax..melting it to 200* then letting it totally cool, then re-melt it again. I always had better luck with it after tempering. Other than that I can't see where you are doing anything wrong. I always used to pour hot and had amazing results. Make sure you let your candle's totally cool before you put the lid's on them and store them upside down to keep thr fragrance evenly distributed. :) 

Let us know if any of the tip's you have tried worked for you! Good Luck!

Kim

• 1 month later...

HELP PLEASE!

I used to use C3 for candle's as well. I always tempered my wax..melting it to 200* then letting it totally cool, then re-melt it again. I always had better luck with it after tempering. Other than that I can't see where you are doing anything wrong. I always used to pour hot and had amazing results. Make sure you let your candle's totally cool before you put the lid's on them and store them upside down to keep thr fragrance evenly distributed.  :)

Kim

Edited by kimmeroo

I used to use C3 for candle's as well. I always tempered my wax..melting it to 200* then letting it totally cool, then re-melt it again. I always had better luck with it after tempering. Other than that I can't see where you are doing anything wrong. I always used to pour hot and had amazing results. Make sure you let your candle's totally cool before you put the lid's on them and store them upside down to keep thr fragrance evenly distributed.  :)

Kim