Am I the only one??

ktaggard

I'm wondering if I have a strange smeller.:) There are a few FO suppliers that I smell a sweet caramel-like undertone to most of their fragrances. Two suppliers I can think of, off hand, are ICS and Candle Source. Many of their fo's have it - even some florals and earthy scents. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Or am I just crazy?

I'm wondering if I have a strange smeller.:) There are a few FO suppliers that I smell a sweet caramel-like undertone to most of their fragrances. Two suppliers I can think of, off hand, are ICS and Candle Source. Many of their fo's have it - even some florals and earthy scents. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Or am I just crazy?

If you are crazy then I am, too. WHICH I am perfectly fine declaring (the I am crazy part-not you). I have SO many notations on my spreadsheet about so many scents having what I have dubbed the "non-nondescript nutty smell".

I get the same thing from a lot of BCS and BCN oils! I always say they have a

"nutty" or Hazelnut under tone to them.

I could not agree more! That nutty smell is in SO many BC oils. Their best selling Vanilla Velvet is a complete mystery to me. It smells okay, but nothing like vanilla. I just smell a nutty baked good of some sort.

Ktaggard, I know exactly what you mean. I didn't think of it much but every since, I've ordered the one ouncers from Candlscience last year I could smell it. I thought the scent was in the box, so I throughout the box but can still smell it. It smells carmelish/hazlenutish, it smells sweet. I have the 1 ozers in a different box and can still smell it.