What's in your wax pot this weekend?

Guest OldGlory

Finally got Vanilla Chai from Aztec in 464 wax and I'm testing it tonight. Sadly, not much throw hot or cold for me. I'll come back and burn it again in a week and see if that changes.

The containers I am testing are poly carbonate, and I have to say that I am SUPER impressed right now. I bought samples and need some smaller wicks for 2 of them, but the maxi tea light and the 4 oz cup are really nice. So far after 2.5 hours of burning and having reach FMP an hour ago, they don't get quite as hot as glass or tin. As the 4 oz cup burns down I'll pay very close attention to it.

The maxi tealight hold about 1.6 oz of 464 filled to capacity, and the cup holds 4 oz with 1/4 inch left unfilled at the top. After a few other waxes are tested I may do a coop buy for some of the poly carbonate containers. I want to give them a thorough test before I commit to buying several hundred.

I can send you the smaller wicks. Please don't buy any, I'll never use them! Just let me know.

Finally got Vanilla Chai from Aztec in 464 wax and I'm testing it tonight. Sadly, not much throw hot or cold for me. I'll come back and burn it again in a week and see if that changes.

The containers I am testing are poly carbonate, and I have to say that I am SUPER impressed right now. I bought samples and need some smaller wicks for 2 of them, but the maxi tea light and the 4 oz cup are really nice. So far after 2.5 hours of burning and having reach FMP an hour ago, they don't get quite as hot as glass or tin. As the 4 oz cup burns down I'll pay very close attention to it.

The maxi tealight hold about 1.6 oz of 464 filled to capacity, and the cup holds 4 oz with 1/4 inch left unfilled at the top. After a few other waxes are tested I may do a coop buy for some of the poly carbonate containers. I want to give them a thorough test before I commit to buying several hundred.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I have a friend coming over to give her an "in-person" tutorial on making picture hurricanes, marbled pillars and we'll probably end up making a couple batches of soap as well. Then tomorrow I have a few new types of soap techniques I want to try out. If they work out, I'll post the results.

So that plus my normal weekend routine of cleaning/laundry, catching up on DVR'd shows. :)

It'll be a nice productive weekend. :)

Nothing in my pot this weekend... fighting a nasty cold that I have been battling all week...ugh!!! So over IT!!! Got orders yesterday that I do not need to make until next weekend...floating candles and pillars. :) Will be ordering some Spring scents. But am planning on chilling out, drinking coffee....taking a couple xtra naps and thinking Spring! :)

Well I think after horse chores I am going to finally get my Unproductive butt downstairs and start pouring....I am out of everything pretty much candle wise and haven't a clue where to start.... Maybe some lilac and lavender to think spring and although I hate fruity ones maybe some passionfruit guava and grapefruit and mango

We will see...one of these days I have to get back at it- winter has made me very un-motivated and lethargic

My friend got here about 9 this morning, and just now left. :) We made 2 picture hurricanes, a marbled pillar and a batch of soap. It was a good day! Tomorrow I need to clean up the area, then I need to make lotion. Then I think I'm done for the weekend. LOL Had a blast but now I need a nap! :)

Got mine all poured, everything cleaned and put back up.

Not certain that I have any winners with the 8 new I poured. I am too picky. Will see when I melt and start testing later this week.

Hi Karen! So I was reading some of your posts and wondering if you would share with me some of your favorite oils(if your picky they must be good) and if they are good enough for you, they are definetly good enough for me! If not, I totally understand! God bless!:wink2:

Edited by Daisymay66

Hi Karen! So I was reading some of your posts and wondering if you would share with me some of your favorite oils(if your picky they must be good) and if they are good enough for you, they are definetly good enough for me! If not, I totally understand! God bless!:wink2:

Sure, let me PM you.