Your thoughts on best wax for Melts

karinz40

I'm using 75% 6006 and 25% 4625 for my melts. The ct is good and the ht is not as strong as I think it could be , Using scents Lavender, Karma,Lilac Plumereia and a couple bakery scents. I was using 4627 and 4630 but the tarts were very soft in the warm weather. Have not tried any 4794 or similar yet....any thoughts would be appreciated..

Thanks

Karen

• 11 months later...

I'm using 75% 6006 and 25% 4625 for my melts. The ct is good and the ht is not as strong as I think it could be , Using scents Lavender, Karma,Lilac Plumereia and a couple bakery scents. I was using 4627 and 4630 but the tarts were very soft in the warm weather. Have not tried any 4794 or similar yet....any thoughts would be appreciated..

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karin!

By the way I just LOVE your avatar!!! Is that your fur baby??!!! SO SWEET!!! :) I use 50/50 of the pillar 4725 and votive 4794 ....works great for me and will not get soft in warm weather except in your melter. :)

Edited by puma52

Yes, he was a Maine Coon named McThaddeous but passed in April of this year at 16 years old. From a family of show cats.

I have been using 60/40 of 6006 and 4625 and getting really good results.  I really love the KY parasoy but the shipping to AZ from the east coast is a little to much.

Your McThaddeous was a beautiful animal! Not surprised he came from a family of show cats. I am so sorry about your loss of him. I hear you on the shipping...it is really bad right now. I sure would love to see the shipping pricing reflecting the gas prices now. The shippers sure don't mind raising the prices when gas goes up....but since the prices are lower on gas now....we all sure could use a breather right about now from them.

• Like 1

I used the 6006 by itself with a fo scent load and a metal clamshell tart, I liked the color and the texture, by smelled wonderful to. I had to put the in it the freezer for about ten minutes to get them to release from the molds, I my try adding a little Ecosoya pillar blend. to see if that helps the release better. the scent I used was cinnamon sticks.   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karin!

By the way I just LOVE your avatar!!! Is that your fur baby??!!! SO SWEET!!! :) I use 50/50 of the pillar 4725 and votive 4794 ....works great for me and will not get soft in warm weather except in your melter. :)

oops....I meant 50/50 of the 4625 and 4794. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Louisiana, and I'm currently testing EcoSoya PB.  The tarts haven't cured for very long, but right now, the hot throw doesn't seem to be great. 

Oceangazer, I'll have to try the RE tart wax.  Looks like it gets good reviews.

I tried the KY tart mix and really loved it BUT the shipping to AZ was to high so I'm using the 606 and 4625 and am getting very good scent throw.  I got some 4627 today and am going to try with the 4625.  We'll see how that goes.  The 6006 alone for tarts is to soft.  I make the tarts in mini cupcake tines so each one weight about .45 oz,  I put one in the warmer (25 watt bulb) and the scent is great for at least one to 2 days then I put one more in and go another 2 days or so.

I use 4625 and 4630 or 4633 for clamshells and really like it. I like 4625 alone or mixed with 4794 for shaped tarts. I really don't like for the wax to smudge in the bags and it seems the harder wax doesn't leave smudges as bad.

I really liked the KY wax too. Not sure why I switched except for the fact that I just can't make up my mind most of the time! LOL!