Candlecommander

candlelady

Me personally...I don't like the name. I had that opinion of it before I figured out what DD stood for LOL (I don't watch the show so I was oblivious).

I'm sure you will get many differing opinions on the name. It made me think of candles but more so something that would either light the candle or snuff the flame...not the actual candle. Once you drew my attention to the DD reference...it does come off as kind of cheesy and not real imaginative. I don't say these things to be mean...I just believe in trying to be as honest as possible (I believe if you want others to be honest with you...then you have to be honest with others - kind of a karma thing).

I'm not your target market, and never made the connection with DD (had to google actually). As long as you are not violating any trademarks, real or implied, and the name and branding appeal to your target market, then who are we as strangers on a candle forum to say? If YOU love it, then that's all that matters.

One thing I learned the hard way is to not share potential names and ideas i was seriously considering on a forum. Good ones get snatched up quickly, leaving my ideas to benefit other people. Brand it, trademark it, buy the domains and then share... :)

I instantly affiliated name with the military. I would expect camo color candles or some kind of survival type candle. Not sure it would be a great name for anything scented with pink sugar or love spell.:) It took me a minute to figure out what DD meant. Got it now.:) but it would be great for a specialty line of candles!! Especially right now with all the DD buzz. You could do some fun things with that theme.