DS Buttercream

Ravens

• 2 weeks later...

As embarrassing as it may seem, I have a sample of this. Despite the rave reviews, I have never slapped it in wax. I think I may do that today to see what the fuss is all about. :cool2:

However, Ravens, I know in soy wax I have to let my candles cure for 2 weeks. There are some that'll blow my doors down after a two day cure---not too many though. I like mine to get a nice strong cure and then I decide from there. I have never worked with paraffin so I didn't know if you tested it after the 2 day mark.

I like my scents to blow my doors down, too. However, here lately, for some weird reason anything too awfully strong gives me the most dreadful migraine.

Ravens, I have heard good reviews about Bluegrass' buttercream. They are now owned by Elements. I have never tried that either but I plan to get a sample and see how it goes as well.

Have a wonderful day. It is freezing here in Delaware. :-(

Karen M, same here. I want FOs that will call for smelling salts!

Ctiff123 and Belinda.... it is done, you enablers (and love you both for enabling!). With the excuse of needing more Persian Pear, that Buttercream just pushed its way into my cart :rolleyes2

Oh, while I'm here yapping.... ever tried Elements' Persian Pear? Omg, you've got to try it. Melts, candles, lotions, CP soap, MP soap - you name it, it smells OOTW :drool::drool:

Well I guess I'll just have to treat myself to a late Christmas present and mosey on over there when I get home from church and place an order! I've been wanting a good pear FO. Hopefully I'm going to try making soap this year!

Where is the best place and type of lotion base and soap to get? I have some MP goats milk that I bought from RE but haven't used it.

Thanks!

If you're looking for MP bases, I get mine from Peak or Brambleberry. The list of ingredients is the very same and I haven't noticed any difference in look/feel. I do add other stuff to the MP bases, though. CP.... well, I make my own, but I think there are suppliers who sell CP soap kits for beginners (Brambleberry may be one of them, but not positive). I've never tried the CP kits, so I'm unable to comment on that.

For lotion bases, my favorite is Rainshadow Labs, followed by Aquatech.

Hope you'll start soaping soon, Belinda. It IS fun!!! :-)

Ooops, forgot to mention Elements' Persian Pear. Unless I'm very much mistaken, I think your search for a good pear FO will be over once you try it!

Well I guess I'll just have to treat myself to a late Christmas present and mosey on over there when I get home from church and place an order! I've been wanting a good pear FO. Hopefully I'm going to try making soap this year!

Where is the best place and type of lotion base and soap to get? I have some MP goats milk that I bought from RE but haven't used it.

Thanks!

Edited by Ravens