Scent of a book

Sndfrddy

I've been on the hunt for this for a while as well. The Library scent from SOS smells too "green" to me, not much like old books. I think they have a paper scent at sos too (?), and I want to say when I mixed it with Copal, it took on the aged, papery, slightly musty scent of old books. I haven't tried it in wax yet though.

You can get pretty close mixing SOS's Newsprint with a little kettle corn (warm aged note) and leather (vellum and leather bound books). Something like 50 percent Newsprint to a 50/50 blend of Leather and Kettle Corn. Their Library is pretty good when mixed with a Pipe tobacco FO.

Something about a good Hazelnut FO always evokes that type of smell to me. Maybe a dash of that in a Sandalwood blend? Oud wood also has some of these qualities - rich, slightly musty papery scent as does Orris Root (violet powders)

Upon browsing Basenotes forum...it seems fresh cut grass, seaweed absolute, cucumber and leather are also mentioned, though they should be used in minute amounts.

Best of luck in your search.

Edited by rctfavr3