packaging tarts to sell...

I sell mine in bulk, most of the time, and don't package them. Just labeled with scent name and hand out instructions/warning if the customer has never used them before.

I market my store as a Candle Factory with Factory direct prices. I don't package my votives or wax melts just to have to charge more.

I use the impulse sealer. Some people use tape to seal the edges of the shrink wrap but heard that it can sometimes come apart after a while.

I tried using tape but it did fall apart and just made the whole process more frustrating. I bought my impulse sealer from Harbor Freight for $19.99 and it works great. I shrink-wrap while watching TV and it really isn't hard at all.

I use the impulse sealer. Some people use tape to seal the edges of the shrink wrap but heard that it can sometimes come apart after a while.

I need one of those...hehehehe I have been using tape and a heat gun to shrink wrap, but the impulse sealer will make everything look cleaner...

The impulse sealer is definitely one of the best things I have bought. It makes the packaging go so much quicker. You will not be disappointed :D

Cool next month when i get my candle allowance...(yes i get an allowance) I'll get one....so many things i cant believe i never thought of before...lol

I went to Harbor Freight website and the impulse sealer isn't too expensive, so is the $19.99 one, the best one to get? Also, do they have the polyeurethene bags or is there another source for them?

Thanks for all this good info!

Karissa

I went to Harbor Freight website and the impulse sealer isn't too expensive, so is the $19.99 one, the best one to get? Also, do they have the polyeurethene bags or is there another source for them?

Thanks for all this good info!

Karissa

I think the 8 " one will work just fine, unless you will be using large shrink-wrap bags for anything. I use shrink-wrap tubing from www.packco.com and it works great. I got the 3" tubing, but 4" tubing will work also. They have a free shipping deal too, so look for that. If you are going to be shrinking large things, you may need a larger sealer. I only do votives and tarts and so the 8" works fine for me (also easier to store, since it's smaller). You will also need a heatgun to actually shrink with. You can get one at Wal-Martor any home improvement store. Mine was $19 at Wal-Mart.