Black Dye

So I have been reading through many of the post but haven't found any that really answers my overall question.

I bought a few bottles of liquid candle dye and when testing out black realized a horrible odor. Like described in other post, it was very 'chemical' and over took the vanilla oil I dropped in before hand. Not only did it smell bad, but the 10 or so drops that I continiously put in my pound of wax only turned out to be a deep grey.

Any black dye suggestions that have been found succesful, and without the harsh dye scent?

Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it, and to verify is this the liquid dye that the last few people where refering to?

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PCMS&Product_Code=DYE-Liquid1oz&Category_Code=CLR

Note to everyone: I found out never run to the sink when a candle mold starts giving out and wax is pouring :cry2:

Not only did it smell bad, but the 10 or so drops that I continiously put in my pound of wax only turned out to be a deep grey.
The odor should go away by the time your candle sets up. If you're using a wax with additives, you just didn't put in enough. It will take about 20 drops.