Critique my label please

I like to call my candles hand crafted not hand poured... for some reason I think it sounds better. There is a lot of writing on the label and no design/logo which makes it feel kind of generic to me - maybe a pretty border on the label would make it seem more elegant/less generic?

I like how clean it is, but I feel there's is nothing that makes people remember your company. Something that when people see them, they instantly recognize that these are your candles from your company, without them having to read the whole label.

Thank you all for your responses. Recently I been looking at it and thinking the same as in kinda plain looking but I don't have a logo or anything to put on? I will have to just play around with some different ways again and hopefully come up with something better? Thank you all again

The darker the color of the candle, the less the label stands out. But light colors work with it. I agree that you want your name to stand out, so my suggesting is leave the Better Scents font the way it is, and shrink "Candle Company" a bit. Maybe so that it is the same width at the "Better Scents" horizontally.

Logos are good. Not necessary unless you want to brand your stuff. People do tend to associate images with products.

I assume you have a warning label.

I would suggest a symbol for your company next to your name. Branding is a massive part of your business, not right now but for it to grow.

I have a orange and green flame next to my business name on all my candles and it really stands out on my labels, people don't need to read it, they just see the flame and know who it's made by.

You can see my example here: www.sentinelcandles.com.au

The darker the color of the candle, the less the label stands out. But light colors work with it. I agree that you want your name to stand out, so my suggesting is leave the Better Scents font the way it is, and shrink "Candle Company" a bit. Maybe so that it is the same width at the "Better Scents" horizontally.

Logos are good. Not necessary unless you want to brand your stuff. People do tend to associate images with products.

I assume you have a warning label.

As a graphic designer I agree with what EricofAZ said, I would shrink Candle Company. I'd also probably make the tagline a bit smaller. Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good. I would agree on having a logo or brand name to be added to it. Doesn't have to be done now though. You can still sell as is. Did you print them yourself? What sort of label / label brand did you use? Is it a clear label?