Anybody familiar with "Our Own Candle Company" ???

scifichik

I was trolling a local antique mall and stumbled across "soy blend" candle products from "Our Own Candle Company." They were going for the homespun/prim look, but the labels on the front had bar-codes on them, which immediately spoiled that attempt.

Anybody familiar with the company?

I went to the site. I've never heard of them. Has anyone tried them? Wonder if they're strong. They may have barcodes but a 14 oz. candle for 8.00 with a pretty label not only on the front, but the top as well is a heck of a deal. Different scents have different labels. Tarts are 1.2 oz in 4 squares for 1.75 so they must be really small.

I currently have four candles from them. Smell my nuts(lol) orange creamsicle, autumn leaves, and apple pie.

The smell my nuts one, which is a mix of banana bread, coconut, and hazelnut, has a very light scent throw, the orange creamsicle smells like nothing, the autumn leaves has a strong HT, and I havnt burned the apple pie. I too am blown away by how cheap they are.

Yeah, they are all over the place in Southwest Ohio. I have seen them in a lot of gas station / carry-outs. This is also the brand that is carried by OBI and a place in Ohio called the Flower Factory. They have a couple of fragrances that are pretty decent, but their wicking is definitely out of the ordinary. When you open the top of the jar, they leave the plastic centering device for the candle on it, and the wick usually extends about 2 inches or so above the wax.