4794 melts

chrisasst

WOW.. I made some melts using 4794 about a month or so ago. I tried some after a week or so of curing and was not happy.

I tried some again last night, it was rose, which I know is very strong anyway, but one cube lasted 15 hours. I am trying a lavender cube right now and it is very strong.

So like candles, these melts get better the longer it cures.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
I did 60% cb 135 and 40 % 4794 and it worked great for me.

why add soy? The cb135 is container wax. I have not mixed soy yet other then 464 which I ma not a huge fan of. Works ok at home that in it self needs to be mixed. How is the ht and ct?

I like soy for for tarts and clamshells because to me it gives it a creamy look, but it's too soft by itself for me, so i added the 4794 to make it hard enough to pop out of the mold easier. Plus the paraffin seems like it brings better scent throw than just the cb135. I get great scent throw! Hot and cold. I like 464 but only in candles, I've never tried it in tarts.

I use 50% soy for 3 reasons; it does give a nice creamy look, it's cheaper than paraffin (at the moment), and people have a positive reaction when you tell them there is soy in the melt. If I were not to use soy, then a mix of 4625 and 4630 would be my next choice.

OK, I have searched this forum for input and found a post where folks were bashing the 4794 bad. What makes the 4625 or 4630 any better? I use the 4627 for containers and have a good supply, I m not sure if the melt or tart will ever be born for me. I just mixed Pro piller and 4627 and they are on two days of burning and decent HT for the duration.

OK, I have searched this forum for input and found a post where folks were bashing the 4794 bad. What makes the 4625 or 4630 any better? I use the 4627 for containers and have a good supply, I m not sure if the melt or tart will ever be born for me. I just mixed Pro piller and 4627 and they are on two days of burning and decent HT for the duration.

4627 and 4630 are both container waxes. 4794 and 4625 are more suitable for votives and/or pillars. I have had success blending the two-a votive/pillar wax with a container wax for melts.

In all of my testing, testers selected my blends with 4627 container wax most. I am currently retesting and have my 2 blends (4625/4630 and 4625/4627) out with testers who are very experienced, heavy users. 4794 blended with 4627 makes a VERY nice melt. If you already have both, I'd give that blend a try.

• Like 1

Thanks Karen, I will roll with that blend to test. I have had great response using the 4627 and will try the 4694. I am ordering in a few moments and just want to keep the testing costs down. I give out a ton of tea light testers to people. Thanks to all who help each other out with this business/passion.

• 7 months later...

4627 and 4630 are both container waxes. 4794 and 4625 are more suitable for votives and/or pillars. I have had success blending the two-a votive/pillar wax with a container wax for melts.

In all of my testing, testers selected my blends with 4627 container wax most. I am currently retesting and have my 2 blends (4625/4630 and 4625/4627) out with testers who are very experienced, heavy users. 4794 blended with 4627 makes a VERY nice melt. If you already have both, I'd give that blend a try.

For your 4627/4625 blend, is it 50/50?  And...Do you have an easy way of dealing with the 4627?  I'm practically in hazmat gear dealing with that stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been mixing 4794 with the Clarus 70/30 (can not remember what it is called these days....) but Karen is about to convince me to try 4627!

If you use 4794 for votives, try subbing an ounce of coconut oil for an ounce of the 4794 in a one pound batch of votives.  36-24-24 z wicks.

• Like 1