Officially launching next weekend

kforbs126

So after many many years of testing, planning, some small selling to friends and family, changing my mind a few times, being in the Navy, multiple deployments and many other life events. I'm officially launching my business, Steel Valley Scents, this coming weekend. I only do melts so I'm really just focusing on my melt "tubs", 1 oz, and some claimshells.

I'm currently testing lip balm so maybe down the line I'll add those.

Also I'm looking at doing m&p soap in the future, I'm just researching it now and not sure of the market of m&p compared to HP and CP soap. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a business plan down and I know it'll take time to get things going. And I'm sure with my baby due in February I'll have to take some time off again but I feel like the time is right.

I really want to thank everyone on this forum who have answered questions and just posted so much helpful information.

Congratulations for your business launch and for the baby (future helper)! You have the right attitude and plans. See how things go and later on you can also "change course" if need be. All new businesses have growing pains now and then. I do CP soap but have always admired the colorful creativity of the M&P soapmakers. You could start out making some M&P and later add some CP or HP (and hey, maybe some really great-scented candles) when that time comes. Always remember to take your time, continue planning, have fun and always be confident - especially in yourself.

Congratulations for your business launch and for the baby (future helper)! You have the right attitude and plans. See how things go and later on you can also "change course" if need be. All new businesses have growing pains now and then. I do CP soap but have always admired the colorful creativity of the M&P soapmakers. You could start out making some M&P and later add some CP or HP (and hey, maybe some really great-scented candles) when that time comes. Always remember to take your time, continue planning, have fun and always be confident - especially in yourself.

Thank You Glen I love your words of encouragement.

So after many many years of testing, planning, some small selling to friends and family, changing my mind a few times, being in the Navy, multiple deployments and many other life events. I'm officially launching my business, Steel Valley Scents, this coming weekend. I only do melts so I'm really just focusing on my melt "tubs", 1 oz, and some claimshells.

I'm currently testing lip balm so maybe down the line I'll add those.

Also I'm looking at doing m&p soap in the future, I'm just researching it now and not sure of the market of m&p compared to HP and CP soap. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a business plan down and I know it'll take time to get things going. And I'm sure with my baby due in February I'll have to take some time off again but I feel like the time is right.

I really want to thank everyone on this forum who have answered questions and just posted so much helpful information.

Congrats on starting your new business!! :) Sending you the very best of wishes and hope you grow as fast as you want !! I really like the name of your company, people will remember it very well....very regal sounding...just something about that word steel ...love it ! :) THANK YOU for your service to our country...we appreciate you and all others who have, had and will keep us safe in this country! :) Congratulations on that sweet baby girl! So many wonderful things going on in your life....isn't it just SO wonderful??!! :)

Congrats on starting your new business!! :) Sending you the very best of wishes and hope you grow as fast as you want !! I really like the name of your company, people will remember it very well....very regal sounding...just something about that word steel ...love it ! :) THANK YOU for your service to our country...we appreciate you and all others who have, had and will keep us safe in this country! :) Congratulations on that sweet baby girl! So many wonderful things going on in your life....isn't it just SO wonderful??!! :)

Thank you very much. I love the name too. It's where I'm from and I'll be moving back there sometime late next year. You are welcome and I'm proud to serve this country! I'm very excited!