Another name for toasted marshmallow

kforbs126

Same with me. I call my Melted Marshmallow. Mine is from RE so no campfire/smoky scent, just a sugar-y vanilla scent.

I am astounded that MANY of the popular independent makers name their scents EXACTLY what the supplier called it. Made it really easy for me to find all of my favorite, previously purchased scents, all by myself. Bad business idea. Mine are almost all renamed and I only sell to friends and family.

I like the melted marshmallow. I keep mine as Toasted Marshmallow. I don't see it as bad business to keep them the same as the suppliers name. I do change a few because they're inappropriate for the crowd I sell to.

I just think it is so easy for others to replicate and find when people keep obvious names like Vanilla Voodoo and such. I no longer need to buy from any of those makers as they made it so easy to find all of the FO's I was previously buying from them.

I just think it is so easy for others to replicate and find when people keep obvious names like Vanilla Voodoo and such. I no longer need to buy from any of those makers as they made it so easy to find all of the FO's I was previously buying from them.

I may keep a simple name, but I can guarantee my FO's can't easily be replicated. Every one of my FO's has a little something extra added to make it unique and keep others from being able to copy! :cool2:

I may keep a simple name, but I can guarantee my FO's can't easily be replicated. Every one of my FO's has a little something extra added to make it unique and keep others from being able to copy! :cool2:

SMART!

I love the name Stay Puft! I loved Ghostbusters! Ok, Ok, I still love Ghostbusters. Don't judge. Lol.

haha! "You thought of the Staypuft Marshmallow man?". haha!

Most of my customers aren't going to go out and make wax melts on their own so I don't really worry about it. Plus a quick google of "fragrance oil" and all the places I purchase from are on the front page. lol. I also don't give out what waxes I use to them so they wouldn't be exactly like mine.

Agree totally with JAJC, YUP, you have to keep it a mystery especially if it is a unique name....keep all those copy cat people searching for your scent puzzled and looking for a scent that does not exist or use a name that it is so common that there is no way they can figure out who the supplier is. It is also good to change up a scent description from what the supplier has so that someone cannot find your scent that way... do not use their scent description word for word .... keep the masses puzzled. :)

Edited by puma52