My setup and the things I make!

MissKasey

Table space is my biggest problem with my setup. One table with wax, pots, boiler, scents and color dye's.

Another table for votives so they don't get bumped from the working on the boiler table. And a third table for labels and packaging.

You seem to have it all pretty neat and tidy. Im not sure it will stay that way for long, making candles is a messy business. :)

Aaahhh soap! Don't even get me started:o this hobby is expensive enough as it is. Already spend 1000 for my first month! My fiancé is all for this hobby because he thinks I am saving money making my own rather than buying from Yankme. I just laughed and laughed....

And yes, I just cleaned up to take the picture. Back to my mess!

Next stop, labels/packaging! If anyone has any advice on where to start as far as having some kind of sticker labels made let me know!

Btw I'm very nervous about soap making, I've only ready about CP soap and it involves lye. If you knew me you'd know im the clumsiest mf you'll ever meet. Just last Christmas I managed to superglue my eye shut trying to repair a Christmas ornament. What a nightmare!

Edited by MissKasey

You are off to a GREAT start! I love the countertop with the nice backsplash built in.

I prefer to keep my oils in opaque Rubbermaid containers. Something you may want to consider as you get more oils and not all are in dark containers.

I like all things organized and clean. My wax stuff is no different. Everything has a place and is cleaned up when I am finished.

Your space looks so nice!

Thanks Karen. I actually picked up that counter top(6ft) at Lowes for less than $30! I just put it on top of 2 saw horses and called it a day! I know how you feel about organization, I clean up thoroughly after every batch and am pretty OCD about everything being in neat lines and easily accessible. I have a really nice collapsible wooden display/shelves thing my mom used to use to display products when she sold Country Peddler that I would like to use to put all my finished items on. That will be my next picture post, I just need to make enough items now to fill it up and look like a pro ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about MK, but I put wax paper under my melts when pouring. I can't pour neat to save my life. That way, all I have to do is throw away the wax paper instead of cleaning wax off the table. I also use it to cover my scale when measuring wax. My crock doesn't have a valve and I get clumsy when scooping out wax as well. I'll put spoons and what-not on it, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a great set up. I wish I had a space dedicated to pouring. My space is my kitchen island so I have to get everything out and put back away each time. But I have a system down so it goes pretty quick.

I lay wax paper on the counter under where I set my ladle after pouring into my pour pot. When it gets full of excess unscented wax, I just peel it off and back in the presto it goes.

I converted a small storage barn into my candle shop...was a lot of work but it's always nice to have a dedicated space for candle making. Before that I was making them in the kitchen/dining room which meant getting everything out...making candles...then putting everything away lol. Candle making can be a very expensive hobby, but it is relaxing and fun. I love to make candles for friends/family, but I support my hobby through selling through craft shows and having a few shelves in a local store.

As far as labels go...you can try asking here on the forums for someone to design a label for you. I met someone on here who put me in touch with a friend and she designed my logo for me. Eventually I will get my logo redesigned into exactly what I want but for now it works :) Me personally I do not label my jars; rather I use my logo on hang tags...this allows my logo to be on one side and then I put the scent and price on the other side.