Please Please Please critique my label...

nkennedy023

I'm working on a label for my candle; Here's the pic of it, Please tell me what you honestly think. Any advice is much appreciated! what to change, take away, add, whatever it may be, Please! I can take it ;) Thank you all so much! I've recently joined this forum and it's the greatest! so much info on this site! Thanks again! Nikki

post-23997-139458512775_thumb.jpg

OK... honest opinion.

I think the southern Scents needs to come down just a smidge - so you are not in the border. I think that the phone number and email address should be on the warning label, along with your real, physical address and the weight of the candle. Otherwise - I think the label looks great! Does it adhere well when it gets hot? That's the issue I had when I attempted labels on the side of container candles.

Alpha:Thank you! I agree with all of that! will definately fix it! Thanks so much!:o

Sammi: Thank you! and No don't hush! lol Thanks for being honest, I probably wouldn't have caught the hand-poured (thanks!). You're right it is 3 different fonts. Which font do you think I should go with? ( just one) lol I got carried away! or some other font? and anything else you see please let me know! I appreciate it ya'll! Nikki

I agree with Alpha1477 that you should remove the phone number and email address from the front of the label and add it to the warning label. Move the name down too. I would try removing the fleur-de-lis icons and see what it looks like without them. With the fancy border and the fleur-de-lis icons it's a little too busy. Take a few pictures of different layouts (you don't have to put them on a container) and see which one people like best.

i love the color style..and the way you have arranged everything..i agree with what others say..bring down Southern Scents..

if you want your contact information on your label...could you put it on the very bottom edge? in smaller font? just see what it would look like..if it will not fit do as suggested..put it on the warning label..

The pink flour de lis..to me does not fit..the rest of your label style..if you are wanting color..which i like the bit of color..do you have a whispy, feathery, type scroll of some type in your soft ware..that could be added?

it could be added between your name..and the scent name..to give that splash of color..this is only a example of what I am talking about..i found one on my software..but i can't seem to get it to post here..

You have make a very pretty label..my suggestions..are only that..in the end you have to do what you like, and what you think fits your style..

A BIG Thank you to everyone for the advice! i appreciate it so much!

I'll be getting to work on making changes on the label, and do a repost later:D

Candybee..I did research the name through "Teas" I think it's called (?) I didn't see it trademarked. I'm going to be selling (not now, but later on in the future) at craft shows, etsy, little area consignment store, What do I need to do to be able to use the name? If anyone can clue me in? Thanks! Nikki:grin2:

Please do not put your physical address on your labels. I have been making candles and cp soap since 01 and I have PO box. There are too

many crazy people out there and I don't want my physical address on my labels. Of course my local customers know where I live but when

your shipping out or doing large shows, forget it. No matter what I won't do it.