Best UV Inhibitor

I use peak and the only problem I have is the color draining on my patch candles, however that's a given because the oil is dark, or so I am told.

Sorry Scented I don't buy that excuse. I use a dark Patchouli EO for my candles & tarts and have never had one fade.

Sorry Scented I don't buy that excuse. I use a dark Patchouli EO for my candles & tarts and have never had one fade.

It's the only FO I have the problem with and only on a straight patch. That's just what one of the people told me and I'm stocked on the stuff and it holds my other colors fine. Perhaps I should try bumping it and see what that does, before considering trying something else.

Edited by Scented

• 5 months later...
Does UV inhibitors work on dye free soy candles? I have a couple that turned yellow that are sitting by a window

I put UV in all my candles, colored and dye free, it does help a lot, not always perfect, but it works. I use more UV (1/2 tsp./lb.) in blue, purple & red colors as they seem to fade faster.